Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My full team was insane...
Anyway thats what I love/fear about the hunt,everything can happen, everything!. Sometimes I'am more tense looking for my prey than actually killing it, more even if it's the Phoenix...every step in the hunt board it's a triumph!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I have always tried to ensure one hunt member is sane, because of this event. However they run the risk of dying form Brian damage in the showdown

What I love about the hunt table is that you don't know what the roll will mean. They don't get better and better the higher you roll, they go up and down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunt phase is brutal. Usually when a monster ambushes me, I'm just like, "THANK YOU." Especially before Overwhelming Darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
Hunt phase is brutal. Usually when a monster ambushes me, I'm just like, "THANK YOU." Especially before Overwhelming Darkness.

Yeah indeed!=)
So many times I have reached the monster without insanity due Overwhelming Darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Carlson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Just to be sure, is 63 the one where...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If all party members are insane, they all die? In my group's second session, we encountered this just after we had all gained 10 insanity from something (I can't remember what exactly).

Not fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
tehnoodnub wrote:
Just to be sure, is 63 the one where...

If all party members are insane, they all die? In my group's second session, we encountered this just after we had all gained 10 insanity from something (I can't remember what exactly).

Not fun.

Specifically,
They fall off the world and die because of the usual expanse of stone faces being replaced by feet
which is hilarious!
I'm working on modeling a feet base I can 3d print for Mad Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheffield

Washington
msg tools
Haha! This event is Roguelike Poetry:

Shit
Rolled 63
Everyone is dead.

If the Butcher knocks off a survivor early and I know it's a TPK but still have to play it out, I would rather be doing anything else. BUT FOR SOME REASON, randomly rolling 63 and watching four survivors fall screaming into the sky is *awesome*. I never quite understand my reaction to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty of this?

No one is actually falling into the sky.

They're just so insane that they think they are. Like how the Immortal disorder doesn't actually make you immortal, it just means you're so crazy that you believe yourself to be immortal, and you're so delusional about it you're able to mind-over-matter the pain and your body is able to truly endure it until you're snapped back to your senses and realize that you are really quite mortal.

So with this, someone gets the idea they're falling into the sky, throws everyone into a panic because everyone is so crazy that they wholeheartedly believe it, and they all die from the sheer fear of this completely imagined thing. Just like people reporting voodoo-related deaths and the science shows it was caused by very extreme fear (triggering cardiac/respiratory issues, what have you) because they were utterly convinced that it's all real.

They're just rolling around on a floor of stone feet until their hearts explode out of panic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Ahhh! But what hunt event is really cool?

I've had two games hit this magic little number and both came back with something friggin awesome in exchange for their cloth armor starting gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
poeticallybored wrote:
They're just rolling around on a floor of stone feet until their hearts explode out of panic.

Maybe. Or maybe in this nightmare world, belief can dictate reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have yet to hit the joys of 53, but we have hit the Harvester twice. No deaths so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
My worst hunt event roll was when I rolled a double lantern.

100 excellent, I could achieve a lot with this, sure some my die from lack of courage, but still really useful. I then see I need understanding 3. No one in my whole settlement has that much understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Blueskew wrote:
I have yet to hit the joys of 53, but we have hit the Harvester twice. No deaths so far.

If you ever do, hope that you draw the Forsaker Mask. That makes things a lot easier.

My current solo won a Lion Mask from him. Not as cool as the Death mask, but still shiny. Guy lost his name getting it though. He had a nickname too. A crappy nickname, but a nickname.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
My worst hunt event roll was when I rolled a double lantern.

100 excellent, I could achieve a lot with this, sure some my die from lack of courage, but still really useful. I then see I need understanding 3. No one in my whole settlement has that much understanding.

Some minor spoilers below, but some session info from yesterday.

Last night we had a good/bad luck hunt and showdown phase. We just lost two green saviors (a skulleater and murder in one year led to a second murder the next year). We rolled another green savior and brought them out only to have them be Cancer Pigeon-ed. Two other survivors lost all survival (so 3 of 4 survivors zeroed out due to Overwhelming Darkness rolls, even with Song of the Brave) leaving no one with a Zanbato with survival to surge or even dash after a Cunning L2 lion.

Luckily, the cat eye circlet, a founding stone, and a set of Rawhide led to us milking the Lion for full understanding on everyone in the showdown by the end. Our Red Fist carrier now has ageless. The Cancer Pigeoned green savior now has Peerless, though (wonderful).

Now if only we hadn't been forced to challenge the Hand to a special showdown two years ago to avoid a near TSK (coining that if no one else has), we would have been missing lantern oven just in time for a new round of Hands of Heat. Oh well. Now to take our ageless Red Fister with a butcher cleaver along with some scrubs after the Phoenix. And to keep him low enough on Hunt XP not to be eligible for Murder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:

I've had two games hit this magic little number and both came back with something friggin awesome in exchange for their cloth armor starting gear.

I've had the fortune of rolling this twice and gaining the Legendcaller ability, which lets you choose 53 without rolling d100. One of the masks was immediately lost, and the other lost a few years later because of a Bone Witch-related death. God Mask is still going strong though.

IASeldon wrote:
Blueskew wrote:

If you ever do, hope that you draw the Forsaker Mask. That makes things a lot easier.

My current solo won a Lion Mask from him. Not as cool as the Death mask, but still shiny. Guy lost his name getting it though. He had a nickname too. A crappy nickname, but a nickname.

Forsaker Mask is rare gear. Pretty sure he only selects from the Mask Maker location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mejhdy Abu Aitah
msg tools
Me and my game group rolled a 95 on our third lantern year... 95 is just about as ridiculous as 63 in the very early parts of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
poeticallybored wrote:
IASeldon wrote:

I've had the fortune of rolling this twice and gaining the Legendcaller ability, which lets you choose 53 without rolling d100. One of the masks was immediately lost, and the other lost a few years later because of a Bone Witch-related death. God Mask is still going strong though.

IASeldon wrote:
Blueskew wrote:

Forsaker Mask is rare gear. Pretty sure he only selects from the Mask Maker location.

Yeah. Imma call face-plant on my end for that mistake. Still a cool roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.