Hide
10 Posts

Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Fake radar tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baldy Pat
msg tools
If the designers go for the idea of mixing in non-enemy radar tokens into scenarios what should they be? My suggestions are scavenging rats, a small cleaning robot and a foil balloon just floating around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Isle of Cats fanMicrobadge: Small Islands fanMicrobadge: ColorblindMicrobadge: Unsettled fanMicrobadge: The Isle of Cats fan
You can't forget Fleabag the ships cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A "Panicked Civilian": He/she has a useful skill but also tends to scream and run away when trouble starts, which causes more trouble,.... Do you take them with you or give them a bit of food and water and leave them in the closet where you found them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The "fake" radar token idea has been mentioned several times since the campaign began and it's such a fantastic one that it would be stupid not to include it in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a false alarm token that cause players to fire on the tokens location even though its nothing. devil Nothing more annoying then the idiot making to much noise in a horror setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Smets
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Grimlord Games wrote:
The "fake" radar token idea has been mentioned several times since the campaign began and it's such a fantastic one that it would be stupid not to include it in the game.
To bad they are not in it cry.
Is there a possebility that they will become available as an retail add-on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneaky_Cobra wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:
To bad they are not in it cry.
Is there a possebility that they will become available as an retail add-on?
We're always paying attention to every last bit of feedback from people on BGG and any other forum that people talk about ETS. What do we do with this feedback? We test it We're constantly testing new ideas and mechanics for our games, whether new or old, so if something comes along that would make a great addition to ETS then there's a good chance it'll make it into the game at some point, whether it's in a second edition, second game in the series or just a retail expansion.

Short answer? I'm taking notes all the time, and we're not done with Endure the Stars yet...this is just the beginning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian

Salt Lake City
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I implemented fake radar tokens that still require a resolve test on our last last playthrough. I simply used an enemy type that isn't on the map, adding one per Survivor placed at random by each player. It worked out well, added to the uncertainty of the reveal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Someguyinslc wrote:
I implemented fake radar tokens that still require a resolve test on our last last playthrough. I simply used an enemy type that isn't on the map, adding one per Survivor placed at random by each player. It worked out well, added to the uncertainty of the reveal.
Sounds interesting Ian! Did you add these radar tokens in addition to the ones the mission specified, or instead of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian

Salt Lake City
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using them in addition to the required tokens for the mission. I was on the fence about them forcing a Resolve check but my group agreed that they keep with the theme of the game. We remove them from the game once revealed so they are only a one time occurrence per token.

Only one Survivor in the last game was impacted heavily by it, but I was rolling terribly so it most likely would have occurred anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls