Subject: Longevity and Persistance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
One huge selling point for me in a game is the growth of my character or the game world (or even better, both).

I also look for games that allow for continued play beyond the first. Games that don't just end after a few set missions. So the higher the mission count or the ability to prolong the game with some sort of side mission mechanism is always a welcome addition.

Does this game offer any of that and to what degree? How is it implemented if so?

Please forgive if this was posted or shown elsewhere. Point me in the right direction and I will happily read to my hearts content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthew,

great question.

There is no campaign-style play in the game. You are presented with different 'out of the box' characters to play, with development of your character only within a single game. There are a number of different super-massive-computers to take on, each of a different difficulty, so you can progress through them. But, there is no continuation of your chatacter's development from one game to the next.

The game supports 1-4 players, in a traditional model of play described above. Replayability and variabilty come from a modular board, multiple characters with different starting decks and different character abilities, multiple opponents, each with its own instantiation, routines and play-style, and many different objectives (each game is normally three selected at random).

So this isn't a case of completing a mission and moving on. Rather, each game is a replayable multi-dimensional complexity to give players a challenging and unpredictable set of scenarios.

Hope this helps!

best wishes, Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Most board games do not have any real sense of persistency. But yet I own many of them. I suspect your title will be no different in that one regard.

But I absolutely love the theme and will likely gobble it up as soon as its out.

Thank you for the swift answer and thorough explanation.

I cannot wait to see some play-through/run-throughs of the title when its fully released.

Its going to be kind of odd though as I always expect quality titles to be reviewed or walked through by you. But this time the game is yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
ReaveraMori wrote:
Most board games do not have any real sense of persistency. But yet I own many of them. I suspect your title will be no different in that one regard.

But I absolutely love the theme and will likely gobble it up as soon as its out.

Thank you for the swift answer and thorough explanation.

I cannot wait to see some play-through/run-throughs of the title when its fully released.

Its going to be kind of odd though as I always expect quality titles to be reviewed or walked through by you. But this time the game is yours.
You're welcome! It'll be strange seeing other people video it, but I hope they will.. and nervous too(!) I'm looking forward to showing off the game, but am eagerly awaiting the production copy first....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls