Hide
3 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How do trophies and skills work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ramon Ortiz
msg tools
How do trophies work in this game? Sorry if its a dumb question, I never played 1st nor 2nd edition. I ask because if the only way to get trophies is the quest cards, then I saw skills that cos 6 trophies, that's 6 quest and that gonna take at the least 1 hour to get just one skill? Or are there other ways I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Bruder Tod, zu unserem Gastmahl, steig hervor aus Staub und Erden. Alles Leben ist ein Sterben, alles Sterben ist ein Werden.
Microbadge: Golden-hearted hedgehog fanMicrobadge: Classic Portuguese film fanMicrobadge: Italian Futurists fanMicrobadge: Katherine Switzer fanMicrobadge: Bisexual
When you adventure, you draw a card from a deck. Could be the combat deck (red), the exploration deck (green), or the social deck (purple). You resolve these cards, and eventually you'll gain the trophy (so far, enemies and quest cards are always kept as trophies, while rumors are conditional trophies, i.e., you must satisfy the condition on the card to keep the trophy).

These trophies generate some sort of "currency" that can be spent on skill cards.

Each skill card comes with a trophy cost, in terms of green, red, purple or grey trophies. Grey trophies are "neutral": you can spend any type of trophy to satisfy a neutral requirement. So, for instance, if a card costs 2 Neutral, 1 Red, in order to learn it, you must spend 1 Red and 2 additional trophies; the latter may be of any color you wish (so, you may end up paying 3 Red, or 1 Red, 2 Green, or whatevs)

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ComposerMicrobadge: Game Design HobbyistMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Runebound PBF playerMicrobadge: Writer
They talked about it in some of the videos and in the article. Basically, you complete adventures (three different types) to get trophies. Some times you get one, maybe a couple. You spend trophies to learn skills in your hand. Skills range in cost, many aren't that expensive (about 3 trophies?), and I think some one said 5 was the most a skill costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls