4 Posts

Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarify on Thanos (Mastermind) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith English
msg tools
mbmbmb
So my friends and I were playing against Thanos recently with GotG, and wasn't sure what happens with all the heroes that are taken by Thanos from his master strike. We treated them like bystanders to where the person that is able to defeat Thanos, rescues all the heroes captured. Or are the heroes supposed to stay next to Thanos the entire game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They just stay next to Thanos. You can get one of them via his Keeper of Souls tactic card but that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanos wrote:

Always Leads: Infinity Gems
Thanos gets -2 Attack for each Infinity Gem Artifact card controlled by any player.
Master Strike: Each player reveals their hand and puts one of their non-grey Heroes next to Thanos in a "Bound Souls" pile.
Attack: 24
VP: 7

They stay next to Thanos. If it said "Captured" then we could argue that they would be rescued like Bystanders however this is not the case. Thanos essentially KO's one of your cards and it goes into a special deck next to him.

Further evidence that this is correct is one of his tactics:

Keeper of Souls wrote:

Fight: Gain a Hero from Thanos' Bound Souls pile. Then each other player puts a non-grey Hero from their discard pile into Thanos' Bound Souls pile.

If you gained Heroes after beating him each time, this Tactic would have no effect as you would gain those Heroes, then you would gaina hero from a pile that would be empty, then all other players put a Hero in that pile.

Thanos is one of the tougher Masterminds for good reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith English
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank y'all for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.