2 Posts

Glory to Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bar: If I draw a client, am I forced to use it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vapix
msg tools
mbmbmb
I constructed a Bar as my only building (i.e. room for three clients) with a Patron and an Architect client, and a couple of Marble orders in-hand.

I lead Patron with nothing in the pool, planning to search for a Craftsman, but I hadn't quite thought it through ... the first card I drew was another Marble/Patron, which I didn't want as a client.

So:
* I'd chosen to draw from the deck
* I had room for another client
* I wanted to discard what I'd drawn and try again

Am I allowed to discard the card I drew ("remove from game" rather than place it in the Pool) or am I forced to put it into the open client slot?

FWIW:
My opponent let me discard them (we went with the "yes you can" rule), but during the early game I didn't get anything I wanted via the Bar anyway
Later I built some more structures/influence and was able to get a Vault win due to having two Laborer and two Merchant clients obtained via the Bar, so despite the slow start the Bar turned out to be the winning card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use Bar to draw a client from the deck then that's exactly what you do - you add whatever card you draw to your clientele.

Compare it to the more useful Fountain where you can use the card drawn for your craftsman action in any way applicable or simply keep the card in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls