Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Ángel Arques
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the rules several times and I have a doubt about spies.
In E5 (Travel) we can read: "...you may have influence in Empires which you are not loyal to"
And in H3 (Influence & Victory): "Every Spy on a Patriot or Loyalty Prize colored band that matches the Empire"
So I think I cannot have Spies giving me influence to the Empire which I am loyal. Spies only give me influence to the other Empires, and I have to take them into account if the Empire which gains the supremacy is not the one which I am loyal to.
Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can have spies on any patriot or loyalty band outside your own tableau (on your tableau they sit on the centre of the card). Each of your spies on a band provides you with one influence with the corresponding Empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Ángel Arques
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it has sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Christian
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
No. You can have spies on any patriot or loyalty band outside your own tableau (on your tableau they sit on the centre of the card). Each of your spies on a band provides you with one influence with the corresponding Empire.
Doesn't the part I marked in bold contradict the following passage from the rulebook on spy movement?

"If a Spy finishes its movement on a card with one or two colored bands that is NOT on your Tableau, place it either on the Patriot band at the top of the card or the Loyalty Prize band at the bottom."

I understand it in the way that you can only place your spies on colored bands that are not matching your own current loyalty...

Thanks for clarifying that further. I'm currently digging through the rules and think that I'm getting my head wrapped around them slowly. Hope to be ready with the rules understanding, when the game arrives at my doorstep somewhere this week... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no contradiction.

There is no restriction on the colour of band you can place a spy on. The restriction is that they only go on a band at all when they're in another player's tableau, not in your own.

The 'that is not in your tableau' you quoted refers to the card, not the band colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
Microbadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: TurtleCON Attendee
qwertymartin wrote:
No, there is no contradiction.

There is no restriction on the colour of band you can place a spy on. The restriction is that they only go on a band at all when they're in another player's tableau, not in your own.

The 'that is not in your tableau' you quoted refers to the card, not the band colour.
It would bring more clarity with some rejiggering of the words:

"If a Spy finishes its movement on a card that is NOT on your Tableau with one or two colored bands..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls