Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

After our second game we got a LOT of questions and we did not find answers in the rules:

1) Resting is considered an action in the rulebook therefore if i rest the first time i will take out 2 stresses. If i rest a second time is it considered same action an therefore get 1 stress ? and then heal 2 stresses ? seems odd

2)If a Partner has a requirement 4 items. What happens if i lose 1 of the 4 item because of unpaid upkeep. DO i loose the partner too ?

3) Can the cost of getting a project / advancing a project be reduced to 0 using STH ?

4) in a 4 player games do we refill all cards row when 2 players die for example ?

5) what happens to unfinished basic projects after death ?

6) Death occurs before Upkeep ?

7)Doe the trait "Productive" works also for temporary job ?

Additionaly i saw on BBG that there is a new rule book. but i am not able to find it anywhere.
We had a feeling concerning balancing issue... the player who did not get a partner and a job always won. It seems like it is more easier to get small projects to get money + buy cheap items to move quickly on the LTH.... But again it is just the feeling after 2 games..the smae strategy worked twice....

Concerning the Kickstarter Campain..will there be differences with the Spiel 2015 edition ???

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1. That wasn't the intention. No.

2. No, as long as you had them at the time, it's fine. Some have "Have X resources" - you don't pay those either for instance.

3. You still need to pay the time in any case. But otherwise, you can reduce the rest of the resources to 0.

5. They remain unfinished. Not sure what the question is exactly.

6. The stress you take at old age happens before the upkeep phase. So you don't get the benefits of those cards.

7. No. There's another card "Diligent" which is just for temp jobs.
--
Quote:
Additionaly i saw on BBG that there is a new rule book. but i am not able to find it anywhere
I wasn't aware of this. Last I heard an FAQ was in the works.
--
Quote:
Concerning the Kickstarter Campain..will there be differences with the Spiel 2015 edition ???
Depending on the stretch goals reached there might be more stuff. There will be a tier just for the extra stuff though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you for the answers

this was from another thread.. it seems that the rules taht i have are "first edition"... is there any "second edition" rule book?

avyssaleos wrote:
Purple wrote:
The rules say:
Quote:
When you advance a Project you may pay 1 less resource of your choice for each STH you have.
Does this also mean that you have to pay more resources when your STH is negative? If so, can you choose any resource?
Yes. Unfortunately this was left out of the first version of the rulebook by accident.

For each negative point of STH you have, you pay 1 extra resource of your choice when advancing a Project.

And concerning paying 1 less using the STH... it is still unclear if the first level (L1) of a project is 1 creativity and i have 1 STH... is it free ?

Time is not a Ressource right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So, clarification on the 'editions' - there isn't a 'second edition' yet. But when there will be, the oversight will be fixed.

Regarding STH - You'll always have to pay the time, but otherwise - yes you can have it for 'free' if your STH is large enough.

And as a reply to question 4 (which I forgot earlier) - you still draw enough cards for 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you... on artipia's website there is a modified version of the Rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Ämmälä
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
Thanks you for the answers

this was from another thread.. it seems that the rules taht i have are "first edition"... is there any "second edition" rule book?

avyssaleos wrote:
Purple wrote:
The rules say:
Quote:
When you advance a Project you may pay 1 less resource of your choice for each STH you have.
Does this also mean that you have to pay more resources when your STH is negative? If so, can you choose any resource?
Yes. Unfortunately this was left out of the first version of the rulebook by accident.

For each negative point of STH you have, you pay 1 extra resource of your choice when advancing a Project.

And concerning paying 1 less using the STH... it is still unclear if the first level (L1) of a project is 1 creativity and i have 1 STH... is it free ?

Time is not a Ressource right ?
What ever has happened: noone still has given a definite answer about the issue when getting a *new* project and STH discount.

According to rulebook answer is (IMO) definitely no, according to Essen spiel explanation (I was there) the answer is still no. According to most sources here the answer is "yes".

Same for group projects (though STH should give discount for this, or?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelB wrote:
What ever has happened: noone still has given a definite answer about the issue when getting a *new* project and STH discount.

According to rulebook answer is (IMO) definitely no, according to Essen spiel explanation (I was there) the answer is still no. According to most sources here the answer is "yes".

Same for group projects (though STH should give discount for this, or?
This question has been answered by the designer (link):
avyssaleos wrote:
It applies to all kind of Projects and yes, it also applies when you start a Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls