Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BGG» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: That feeling you get when you know you've done it wrong your entire life. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you kidding me? All those years of frustration and it can actually be this easy? Grrrrr! angry shake

Peeling Hard-Boiled Eggs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh.

My view of everything in the world is now up to question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yeah, while I've always 'busted up' their shell all around that first by hand, and to then 'pick-off' some smaller fragment portion in order to expose the remainder for 'peeling away' A-L-L at once easily & simply for these. There is some inner 'egg-skin'-covering that you want to get hold of, as that facilitated this process quicker then, with retaining the entire 'egg' wholly as well.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: Surrealism fanMicrobadge: Drum fan
I got a trick for garlic to add to this one. Break the garlic into cloves (skin and all). Drop them into a large pot with a lid. Shake and bang them around like a maniac. Open it up, and viola! The cloves have been peeled. I use this trick a lot.

BTW: The boiled egg trick works for me when I got hiking or backpacking. But my method is a little different. Take the egg straight out of the boiling pot, and run cold water over it. The difference in temperature peels the shell away from the egg, making it easier to peel. I love this water in a glass method. I'll have to try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
Microbadge: "I'm Part of You."Microbadge: CelesteMicrobadge: "You can do this."
NB: make sure the egg is hard-boiled first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'll "Never Peel A Hard-Boiled Egg The Same Way Again..."? I have to come up with a different method every time?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How to tie your shoes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Jlerpy wrote:
I'll "Never Peel A Hard-Boiled Egg The Same Way Again..."? I have to come up with a different method every time?!
"This simple trick..." shall 'preclude' THUS: always GET somebody else to perform that! Works: everytime; and for 'moi'! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Asperamanca wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asperamanca wrote:
The "Weak form" is a granny knot with loops. The "Strong form" is a square knot with loops... (for you knot nerds out there... (or is it not knerds?))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls