BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for a card based generic RPG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Bastien
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I'm looking for a card based role-playing game. I play with a group of people that are used to pathfinder and D&D3.5. We like to emphasize on role-play and characters interactions, and not spending too much time looking for rules.

I had an idea of a game with everything that is relevent to your character would be stored on individual cards. So instead of a character sheet referencing to many rules books, we would have a deck of card. Each card would be a power, skill, an item or event a status.

I have no time or talent to build such a game, so I started digging and I've found these:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/353110609/simple-system...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/24348879/heroes-tale-tc...
... but they seems experimental and/or not officially commercialized.

So, anyone have an idea of something that would match what we're looking for ?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder RPG already has decks of cards for all your class abilities, spells, magic items, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Karpavicius
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistfall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking for a card game, that is similar to a roleplaying game, or an actual roleplaying game (just based on cards), with one person being the GM and all that?

In the latter case, maybe you do not actually need a game where everything is based on cards, but rather a very rules-light roleplaying game, of which there are quite a few around.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd probably be better off asking on rpggeek.com instead of here, since that site is dedicated to RPGs and this site is dedicated to board and card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.