Darkness Comes Rattling» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nyala's Spirit Vengeance Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Her Vengeance ability states that when another warrior fails a challenge, she can immediately move to that space and face it herself. My main question is: when does her intervention occur? Is it after the warrior fails but before they face the fail text? Or after they face the fail text but before they resolve the black die? Or after everything?

Based on the way the steps of resolving a challenge are written in the rulebook, my current theory is that she intervenes before the fail text triggers. The reason I think this is because the step after resolving the pass or fail text is to discard the card (unless it says "stays in play"). Though now that I think about it, perhaps the warrior would face the fail text, but Nyala could then attempt it herself before discarding. Either way, that would mean only resolving the dark die once, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you'r right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I interpreted everything the exact opposite way. I played it that the first warrior suffers fail text and resolves dark die, then Nyala swoops in and gets a try before it leaves play. It does bend the normal timing rules slightly but I think that's better than the weird exceptions of whether or not to resolve the dark die, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Hmm, I interpreted everything the exact opposite way. I played it that the first warrior suffers fail text and resolves dark die, then Nyala swoops in and gets a try before it leaves play. It does bend the normal timing rules slightly but I think that's better than the weird exceptions of whether or not to resolve the dark die, etc.
I've no idea which is correct but this seems less confusing to me. I would also assume that Nyala cannot do this after rolling the Dark Die (so I assume you would always leave Nyala until last).
If Nyala could leap in before the fail result takes effect the situation gets very confused re rolling the Dark die twice (one for the Warrior, one for Nyala) at the same time ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls