Popular Tags: whose_the_real_racist [+] [View All]
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the press discovered another Carson whopper.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/06/ben-c...

One of them, recalled in “Gifted Hands,” involved a psychology class he said he had attended at Yale University, called Perceptions 301. Mr. Carson described the professor’s conducting an honesty experiment on the class and wrote that he was the only one who passed, prompting The Yale Daily News to take his picture.

But no photo identifying Mr. Carson as a student appeared in the newspaper’s archives, The Journal reported, and a Yale librarian told the newspaper that there was no psychology course by that name or class number during Mr. Carson’s years at Yale.

He lied about passing an “honesty experiment”!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What hasn't he made up?

Sheesh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we already covered that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
That article as a whole is fairly damning. The West Point thing -- that's understandable that he read it as scholarship rather than whatever. Maybe. The rest is just "here's some shit I made up wholesale."

I wonder if he's right and it will bounce off him. I don't know enough to make a prediction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wonder how being the narrative's frontrunner feels for him. All of a sudden that level of attention has to be scary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
galad2003 wrote:
Really? Wow the left must be really scared of Carson. Almost makes me want to vote for him.

It's kind of pathetic how much time they are spending digging for "dirt".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Really? Wow the left must be really scared of Carson. Almost makes me want to vote for him.

The next Debate is going to be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scared ? LOL. The right wingers on the forum once said that about Scott Walker as well. They were wrong there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

Ask Clinton about that (Trump was immune, how do you do oppo on TRUMP?).

This is the reality of being the apparent frontrunner. You're gonna get hammered on any possible indiscretion and/or inconsistency- not even necessarily for partisan reasons but just to feed the news cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

Afraid of a evangelical pawn winning the presidency? Hell yeah. I am more worried about an impressionable evangelical ego-maniac getting into office than I am Donald Trump.

I say, all guns blazing on this one.

I doubt he has a chance against Clinton, but might as well nip this in the bud before it grows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

it's not new or unique. he's leading in some polls so it's basically his turn. all front runners go through the gauntlet. I think how the candidates react and deal with it is useful info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

Afraid of a evangelical pawn winning the presidency? Hell yeah. I am more worried about an impressionable evangelical ego-maniac getting into office than I am Donald Trump.

I say, all guns blazing on this one.

I doubt he has a chance against Clinton, but might as well nip this in the bud before it grows.

Nice. I'm guessing that your general stance is that you look down on muckraking, but you're willing to make an exception just this once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
she2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

it's not new or unique. he's leading in some polls so it's basically his turn. all front runners go through the gauntlet. I think how the candidates react and deal with it is useful info.

Also, as the "Bush National Guard Papers" scandal shows, the made-up ones usually get revealed (not counting the VINCE FOSTER WAS MURDERED crowd)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd have a bit more respect for Carson if, once caught, he admitted to his previous embellishments and lies. It would show he does indeed have the character he likes to portray himself as having. So far though, he seems no different than other high profile celebrities caught in a lie, which is to try and hide it even further and spin things further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

Nice. I'm guessing that your general stance is that you look down on muckraking, but you're willing to make an exception just this once.

No, I'm OK with muckraking, as long as it's true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I no longer get the Democrat talking points in my inbox but are we now attacking Carson because he is black or because he is a Republican.

I wish you kids would have been this eager to call Obama on his lying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I no longer get the Democrat talking points in my inbox but are we now attacking Carson because he is black or because he is a Republican.

Is it attacking or is it vetting?
jeremycobert wrote:

About what, his birth certificate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

It's slightly different in this case since the latest dirt is stuff he wrote about himself. It's a little odd to claim you were part of a class (that didn't exist) that took an "honesty experiment" (that never happened) and claim you were the only one that passed... don't you think?

Then again I'm fairly partisan so maybe I'm overly fascinated with his transgressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

The left? This is a story he wrote about himself that wasn't true.

I'm not afraid of Ben Carson at all. I sincerely would like to see him win the Republican nomination. Because there's not a chance in hell that he would win the national election.

EDIT: It should be noted that the leftist Wall Street Journal broke this story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

OK, picture this if you will. Obama writes an autobiography. In it he claims he took a class at Yale where an "honesty experiment" was performed and he was the only one that passed. An act so impressive, he claims, that his picture is proudly displayed in the school paper.

Breitbart/Drudge/Some Conservative blog discovers that all of the above is a lie. The irony being that Obama lied about an "honesty experiment"!

So how would you feel about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
mrspank wrote:
OK, picture this if you will. Obama writes an autobiography. In it he claims he took a class at Yale where an "honesty experiment" was performed and he was the only one that passed. An act so impressive, he claims, that his picture is proudly displayed in the school paper.

thats ridiculous because obama is a known liar - carson isnt and calling him a liar is racism
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think Carson's stories are pretty legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to hear the story of why he has a fucking shrine to himself in his own house.

That's gross and weird enough to require at least 2 or 3 volumes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
What hasn't he made up?

Sheesh.
His name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
You are all aware that his initials are B.S. Carson?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.