Hide
5 Posts

Mysterium» Forums » Variants

Subject: True "whodunnit" for all parties involved. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parks
msg tools
1. The game doesn't end once the clock strikes the end. Instead, you move on to the "new" finale.

2. The mediums secretly number each person on the board a random number. If there are 6 suspects, then they jot down which one is "1", which one is "2", and so on. The same is done for places and then again for objects. The ghost CANNOT see this reference.

3. The ghost secretly rolls a die (die size depending on how many suspects there are) three times and jots down the results of each roll. Let's say he rolls 4, 6, 1. 4 represents the person. 6 represents the place. 1 represents the object. The mediums CANNOT see this.
Each time a medium completes a card (person, place, object), he tells the ghost what number that card represented. At this point, the ghost is trying to find out which person is 4, which place is 6, and which object is 1.

4A. If all mediums are able to get their suspects solved before the clock ends, then the contact with the ghost has completed and the ghost knows who killed him for sure.

4B. If all of the mediums were not able to finish, then contacting the ghost wasn't fully successful. Either the ghost is lucky enough to have obtained the suspect cards that matched his roll, or due to a lack of completion, he'll have to try to guess who\what\where the murder happened.

5. From here, he will select up to 9 cards to place face down (3 for person, 3 for place, 3 for object) in the middle of the mediums and the game proceeds as usual (see TO FIX below). The cards that are revealed based on how well the mediums did are as follows:
weak: 1 person card, 1 place card, 1 object card
average: 2 person cards, 2 place cards, 2 object cards
strong: 3 person cards, 3 place cards, 3 object cards

6. Once the mediums have made their suspect verdict, the ghost reveals what numbers he had, and the mediums reveal what each card's number represented, and if it's a match, the game is a win. Otherwise, it's a loss.

This variant includes some problem solving for both the mediums and the ghost, and it is indeed a mystery as to "whodunnit" for all parties involved.

TO FIX: The only downside is that the who\what\where is generalized but not tied down to "groups" at the end like it normally would be. Any suggestions on solving this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to kindly convey a suggestion through text, so please trust that I'm offering this correction respectfully.

I believe that "Medium" is the term you would be wanting to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parks
msg tools
Yay for autocorrect. Guh. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
In your example, the ghost rolled 4, 6, 1.

So tell me if I understand correctly.

#4 did it in the #6 location with the #1 object.

At the start the psychics know which card has which number but not that it's 4, 6, 1. The ghost knows it's 4, 6, 1 but not which number goes with which card.

For the final round, the ghost is trying to get the suspects to guess #4 person, #6 location, and #1 object.

If for some reason, the players did not complete the reconstructing events phase, then the ghost might not know for example which object is #1. So he guesses as to which object is #1 and gives his visions. Then if the psychics guess #4 person, #6 location, and #1 object then everyone wins.

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mok
Canada
flag msg tools
I too am rather confused.
The ghost rolls for the murderer suspect but the player playing the ghost doesn't know and has to find the murder-huh?

A little lost but I do like the idea that the group is working towards getting the right murderer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls