Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Microbadge: Android developerMicrobadge: unknowns.de userMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Coffee addict
If a Charge happens, the French player MUST perform the action on the turned card, until the unit rallies again - or until both Cav units have no more divisions.

But as I understood, as soon as one of the two units has no divisions anymore, I cannot perform their action? Or may I always perform an action, regardless if the unit has divisions left??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almecho wrote:
If a Charge happens, the French player MUST perform the action on the turned card, until the unit rallies again - or until both Cav units have no more divisions.

But as I understood, as soon as one of the two units has no divisions anymore, I cannot perform their action? Or may I always perform an action, regardless if the unit has divisions left??
The "Ney Cavalry Charge" is an exception to the rule concerning the inability of a card to activate when all divisions are gone from that corps. If one of the original "charging" corps loses both of its divisions, you simply continue to roll on that card while taking the losses on the other cavalry corps. Keep in mind, however, that with each roll the chances will increase that the cavalry will eventually rally (see the x modifier on the back of Kellerman and Milhaud cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Microbadge: Android developerMicrobadge: unknowns.de userMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Coffee addict
Hmm, I don't see on the card a mention, that I have to take casualties from the other cavalry corps, if the original corps is gone... I could also take the lost division from any of the other units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almecho wrote:
Hmm, I don't see on the card a mention, that I have to take casualties from the other cavalry corps, if the original corps is gone... I could also take the lost division from any of the other units?
The losses must come from the other cavalry unit, Thomas. They cannot come from other units. Look in the Rule book where each card is described. Under both KELLERMAN and MILHAUD the "uncontrolled cavalry charge" is explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
rod3556lhs wrote:
Almecho wrote:
The losses must come from the other cavalry unit, Thomas. They cannot come from other units. Look in the Rule book where each card is described. Under both KELLERMAN and MILHAUD the "uncontrolled cavalry charge" is explained.
Ahh!
Thank you very much!!

I own the game, but when I wrote this, I only had the online rule book, and there are no special descriptions of those corps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls