Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the last expansion was released a few months back, but any plans for further expansions in the future?

Marc (Zugli)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Nightfall fanMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: I play with red!
I believe I read somewhere that Millionaires Row was the last planned expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanial Barnes
United States
Montgomery
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We only have one response to go from and it's the creator saying Millionaire's Row would be the last expansion. That was said over a year ago though, so the popularity of the game since then could have changed his mind on that, but we don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hammar
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
The current deal is that Machikoro# (Millionaire's row) is the last expansion for Machikoro. That has not changed. The designer feels the game won't gain from having more expansion (and that seems to be the general sensation from many players too).

Without anything else said, there are possibilities for _variants_. No more expansions, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG posterMicrobadge: I play with blue!
This game doesn't need anything more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sister game, Minivilles, has a 5-6 player expansions for this. I'm not sure if it's compatible or not though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
ckorfmann wrote:
The sister game, Minivilles, has a 5-6 player expansions for this. I'm not sure if it's compatible or not though.
The US versions of Harbor and Millionaire's Row have cards to support 5 players, so I imagine the French one is the same way (more landmarks and purple buildings).

I don't really think Machi Koro can support even more cards without overhauling the setup (and yet I made my own mini-expansion anyway) - it needs something like Dominion where you pick a subset of available cards, or at the least some way to prevent card dilution... I played a single game with both mechanics and the drafting rules and it dragged on forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls