Popular Tags: [View All]
Seleukos
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day,

can/how can Officers move using Night Movement 25.71 rules?
Not at all?
Roll on their own initiative?

If using the standard rules as written they cannot move at all because they can only move in the Command Movement Segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only units under March Orders can move at night. So an Officer can only move at night if his Formation already was under March Orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seleukos
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Only units under March Orders can move at night. So an Officer can only move at night if his Formation already was under March Orders.
No, there are Campaign Specific Rules, see 25.71.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikator wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:
No, there are Campaign Specific Rules, see 25.71.
Ahh, I see now. Just got home and read that section of the study folder. My take on it is that there is no Command Movement Segment as you say, but there is Individual Initiative, which is similar to the procedure for OOC units on a regular daylight turn.

Commander can move freely, as stated. Officers have to pass individual Initiative rolls to move, and all Combat units must also pass Individual Initiative rolls to move. An Officer passing his initiative does not put his Formation in Command, this is a unit by unit roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls