Subject: The Hawk, Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Van Hovannisian
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
The basic side says she may peek through an adjacent wall as a free action. So she may only do this if there is a wall? Ideally I just want this clarified, but if it is the case and she can only peek through walls, I would enjoy to hear everyone's thematic take on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
Aurora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, this seems straightforward. She can only use her "free" action (limited to once per turn) to peek through a wall. If there is no wall adjacent, then she has no "free" action available. She can always peek to an adjacent room (with no wall in between) by using one "normal" action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wheatley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Hello
mbmbmbmbmb
OlafsMeadHorn9 wrote:
The basic side says she may peek through an adjacent wall as a free action. So she may only do this if there is a wall? Ideally I just want this clarified, but if it is the case and she can only peek through walls, I would enjoy to hear everyone's thematic take on it.
My thematic take is that she is drilling a small hole and snaking a camera through an adjacent wall from within cover, whereas she has to break cover to do a peek action, using up an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Hovannisian
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
That's a great way to look at it. Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree it does seem too strong to have it as a no-cost action. Official ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls