Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
badge
"By God's blood, thy father slew mine, and so will I do thee and all thy kin!"
Microbadge: Banner Makers GuildMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: Boom!Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: I love translucent dice
Just picked these up reading as I go along and spotted a minor "glitch" ...

Page 8: Still has the French Title "UN PEU DE TECHNIQUE : LES ICÔNES SPÉCIFIQUES"

... No biggy, just stick it in the translator! ... Walts

PS: GREAT piece of work for us budding designers!

PPS: Link to website ... http://www.spacecowboys.fr/time-stories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Thanks ! Our graphics team is correcting this mistake as I write.

And we're glad you liked it, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mr Poulpe wrote:
Thanks ! Our graphics team is correcting this mistake as I write.

And we're glad you liked it, by the way.
Love that you're providing this kit! Too bad I don't have the game yet and can't check it out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live and die on one day
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for providing that. I had many ideas in mind. Hopefully I will find the time to bring them to paper. I love this game by the way! With all my heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
badge
"By God's blood, thy father slew mine, and so will I do thee and all thy kin!"
Microbadge: Banner Makers GuildMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: Boom!Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: I love translucent dice
I've a couple of ideas I'd like to try, but like so many, it's
committing time ... do I finish off the decorating before the
family come for Xmas or do I lose myself in another
story-telling adventure!?!?!

Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've a few ideas bouncing around my head for ways to take this game, and would like to know how you would prefer us fans distribute our creations. Would you prefer to have overview of everything that is printed (perhaps using a Seal of Approval for sets that you like, but aren't going to publish for whatever reason), or can we have free reign to post up our unofficial expansions as we will (through any of a variety of Print on Demand services)?

I think there's some real meat to this system, and would love to see what others can do with it - but I don't want us stepping on your toes either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live and die on one day
mbmbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
and would love to see what others can do with it - but I don't want us stepping on your toes either.
So let’s start (with me)! whistle

I’ll draw up the following story and admit to announce that I own the copyright to it:

Title: The Deep
Genre: War
Time period: 1983 NT
Cast: Commanding Officer, Intelligence Officer, Engineer, Midshipman

Short description: The events of that story take place on a strategic submarine during Cold War. The T.I.M.E.-Agency must prevent the launch of a nuclear missile otherwise the history of mankind ends with the Third World War. At the beginning of the mission it is completely unknown which event leads to the launch of the rocket. A Conspiracy? A human error? A technical malfunction? It is to find out the cause and to eliminate it in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Allen
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found this on the Tric Trac web site: a mini scenario! It's only 40 cards, but if you've already finished Asylum and Marcy, it might tide you over until the next scenario is released. http://us.trictrac.net/news/t-i-m-e-stories-the-tric-trac-in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpwalker wrote:
Magius wrote:
and would love to see what others can do with it - but I don't want us stepping on your toes either.
So let’s start (with me)! whistle

I’ll draw up the following story and admit to announce that I own the copyright to it:

Title: The Deep
Genre: War
Time period: 1967 NT
Cast: Commanding Officer, Intelligence Officer, Engineer, Midshipman

Short description: The events of that story take place on a strategic submarine during Cold War. The T.I.M.E.-Agency must prevent the launch of a nuclear missile otherwise the history of mankind ends with the Third World War. At the beginning of the mission it is completely unknown which event leads to the launch of the rocket. A Conspiracy? A human error? A technical malfunction? It is to find out the cause and to eliminate it in time.
Nice idea! Really like it! The submarine only might be a little bit too limited in terms of locations, as the conspiracy probably spans more than just the sub. So you could add a twist: after your first runs on the sub, on one of the later runs you would jump back in time to Pentagon instead (for example) get a permanent item there, which you would need to finish your case on the submarine on a final run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live and die on one day
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
Nice idea! Really like it!
Thanks for your kind words.

I actually planned a second location. As more insight would ruin the story I’m not able to mention any details. The plot takes place beneath the cold waters of the Barents Sea - for the most part. And that’s enough information for now. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about the TU limitation and how it can be used effectively (rather than as an arbitrary timer on each run's length), and I think I'll start working on the following scenario:

Title: 3 Miles
Genre: Mystery/Spy Thriller
Time Period: 1979 NT
Cast: Nuclear Engineer, Supervising Engineer, Particle Physicist, Nuclear Technician (maybe a few others)

Short Description: March 28, 1979 - the Three Mile Island Nuclear Facility's main reactor melts down, leading to a chain reaction where irradiated water and debris is thrown into the atmosphere and creating an uninhabitable area 10 miles across. The Time Agency believes that someone sabotaged the power plant, and it is up to you to prevent the meltdown long enough to neutralize the threat and restore history to its proper course.

The main gimmick of this scenario will be locating various panels and terminals in order to increase the number of time units you have to figure out the riddle, with clues sprinkled throughout the facilities. You run out of time, the facility goes boom; you don't figure out who did it, the facility goes boom (after you return).

In short, it should be an interesting scenario to play through (and, if I can do the research right, can also be used to teach a bit about nuclear physics in a classroom).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked the concept of Jules. When to use him? Should you use him? When will we need him?

Title: Area 51
Time Period: 1950's
Cast: different military personel, conspiracy theorist

Idea: Your group will encounter different characters. Some of them could join your team, others don't. To access certain locations, you need the necessary clearance. So you could have a captain join your team, but maybe he's setting up your team, who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live and die on one day
mbmbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
Title: 3 Miles
That's a nice one! Sounds interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded this kit last night. What a great resource for scenario designers! Kudos to Space Cowboys for providing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
Just picked these up reading as I go along and spotted a minor "glitch" ...

Page 8: Still has the French Title "UN PEU DE TECHNIQUE : LES ICÔNES SPÉCIFIQUES"
Note too: the provided compass roses still feature "O" instead of "W" (Oest/West) as seen in file "TS_CreaPack_Lieu-06.png" and TS_CreaPack_Location_Notice.pdf

I hope I can find sufficient time and talent to use this resource.

Thanks Space Cowboys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
I've a few ideas bouncing around my head for ways to take this game, and would like to know how you would prefer us fans distribute our creations. Would you prefer to have overview of everything that is printed (perhaps using a Seal of Approval for sets that you like, but aren't going to publish for whatever reason), or can we have free reign to post up our unofficial expansions as we will (through any of a variety of Print on Demand services)?

I think there's some real meat to this system, and would love to see what others can do with it - but I don't want us stepping on your toes either.
I would like to know the answer to this question too. For example, would it be frowned upon to create a Printer Studio project for a fan-made scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Kalenda
Germany
Vierkirchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Castles of Burgundy fanMicrobadge: Cycling fanMicrobadge: Train GamerMicrobadge: Mombasa fan - book Microbadge: Steam: Rails to Riches fan
Hrmpf, interesting. What would be the usual tool to work with the graphics and PDF, Adobe Acrobat? Is there a viable (free) alternative for someone who's willing to slowly learn by doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Florik wrote:
Hrmpf, interesting. What would be the usual tool to work with the graphics and PDF, Adobe Acrobat? Is there a viable (free) alternative for someone who's willing to slowly learn by doing?
I use Inkscape and Paint.NET, both free... but then, I'm kinda weird in how I do anything graphical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin delp
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Been working on a scenario over the holidays. Here is concept box art for it.
My appreciation grew for Space Cowboys after spending so much time on this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls