Popular Tags: [View All]
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Broom Service fanMicrobadge: Fields of Arle fanMicrobadge: Rococo fan
I am very close buying this game, just one thought. Does it have enough replayability? I need it as a 2-player game, that is going to be played again and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Duran
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I love Vlaada Chvátil!Microbadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: I'd rather be playing boardgames!Microbadge: Cthulhu Wars fan - cultist of the Black Goat
My wife and I felt we got enough out of it with one play but wouldn't be prone to more. There's variability in terms of when characters are dealt out and what costumes/setpieces come out of the bag and when, but overall, I don't think there's a lot of meat for multiple plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Blood Rage fan - Raven ClanMicrobadge: Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo fanMicrobadge: Lorenzo il Magnifico fan!Microbadge: Argent: The Consortium fan
I've played it once, and I certainly look forward to repeated plays of the game - there are definitely different paths to victory and a good amount of strategic depth.

Having said that, it's not a game that has much difference in setup from game to game - the only thing that's different is the order in which the very limited number of actors and craftsmen shows up, along with what value set and costume pieces show up each turn, and which secret objectives you get from the queen. So that's fairly limited, and if you're looking for a ton of setup variety you may be disappointed - I would hope that an expansion gives a whole bunch of new actor cards.

I'm also not sure how much you'll love it as a two player game - it seems quite playable, but whether it will be a favorite at that number, I can't say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris wrote:
I am very close buying this game, just one thought. Does it have enough replayability? I need it as a 2-player game, that is going to be played again and again.
I for one have played and want to play this. Over and over. The scores are pretty tight, so there is - at the very least - a challenge in beaten your own score. Also, those actors, set pieces and costume pieces really do determine what is going to happen and therefore whatever is on offer will help you make your choices.
I agree it is not the heaviest of games, but there is - to me - enough there to keep the game interesting for many a play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Shakespeare fanMicrobadge: NMBR 9 fanMicrobadge: Azul fanMicrobadge: University of MichiganMicrobadge: Concept Fan
I really hope this game gets to the point where its successful enough to have expansions.

I think there are a lot of really interesting ways you could expand it. Even just having more actors/workmen, queen cards and maybe variable player powers would go a long way.

Enough cards so that you don't see them all every game would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: BeWitched Spiele fanMicrobadge: Disney fan
I only play it as a 2 players game and by far I don't see issues about replay value. Certainly this is not a game I would play every week, maybe once a month.

If you are looking for a game to play over and over well this is not good, but for a game that stats in collection and feels fresh when you play it, that's great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls