Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I was really surprised by Between Two Cities. I thought I would find the game too simple, but really had a lot of fun in my plays of it. I think a lot of the fun comes from the partnership. Planning a city with my elementary school friend is much different than my engineer brother. This sort of interaction makes it a perfect "after dinner" sort of game, where you can play a few rounds and get some laughs, while still getting to play a competitive game.

That being said, here are two rules we used to increase the fun:

1. I saw some discussion on how much communication you should use with your partner. For me, I find it way more fun to not discuss even which of the two tiles you drafted you will send to which city. You can look and see what they chose, but you can't discuss which should go where. This creates some hilarious situations where both sides draft a factory, but both put in in the other city because they assume the other person was going to.

2. This is a minor tweak, but before we score, we require everyone to name their city with their partner. For instance, this one is Edinburgh because it has lots of taverns and a shopping street right in the middle. This increases the social nature of the game, and makes it a little more fun. Doesn't change gameplay at all, just provides some extra laughs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian: These are clever! I particularly like the second idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ian: These are clever! I particularly like the second idea.

Thanks Jamey. I think that they just add a little more flavor to a great game. This is a great casual game, so anything to add some laughs is always great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we played this on Saturday for the first time, and we did the 2nd second idea here just naturally without reading the post, we had Swindon because 12 out of his 16 tiles were factories and I had Lakeside Shopping Centre because it was mainly shops, restaurants and offices, plus many others cities given nick names at the end of the game. it just added that bit more to the theme we thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.