Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Sessions

Subject: People of the Skull Campaign – Year Nine & Ten rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Off set the determined Ugs. Through fields of herbs, without any cutting tool, through golden light without being enlightened (Ugs can only be enlightened so far), to the resting shade of a Faceless Statue without the rest part. They were all too, what is the word… crazy!
The skittish beast seemed to be leading them further into the darkness until Aug consulted the droppings and located the trail. History isn’t clear on how exactly he consulted them and most historians don’t wish to know.
When they came across the beast it was gnawing on a fresh kill. Hug managed to save the skull and there was much rejoicing at the thought of another ritual. Hug also used his scavenging tools too eek just a little bit more from the dead Antelope.
It was another quick fight. Bug lost one of his mighty punching bones. And there was an almighty click during the fight as Aug’s back finally corrected itself and he was hopping around like a young Ug. Hug became frighteningly proficient at swords.
Back at the settlement Mrs Zugetta had invented drawing and had made a copious amount of Pictographs which generally revolved around the theme of “No” or “Don’t.”
At this point Aug started behaving strangely. They were all apparently getting older. This meant people went through the changes said Mrs Zugetta. But even she was concerned when he started trying to consume things he shouldn’t. She quietly “had a word” with him and two black eyes later he got the message. Just in case she put some pictographs on some leather and called it an Almanac. She gave it to Bug to stop him turning out like his no good brother.
Just in time for another Armoured visitor to turn up. Why does everyone else know about this Iron stuff but we don’t Aug kept asking.

I’m rolling too many dice! I know, who complains about that right? And next session after the ritual everyone will be rolling even more dice! Aug will be rolling 8 dice with his bone earrings and dagger. Now I have three masteries (Sword. Katar & Dagger) things are getting tricky to manage as a solo player.

I like how the game balances itself. You are getting some powerful weapons and Masteries and now there is a creature that eats those weapons making masteries useless. You did bring a spare and not trick out your character with armour and charms right?

Well the events have now stopped being kind with Skull Eater. We are the People of the Skull. Why is this bad? My roll of nine means I have to spend two endeavours or lose him or Xuggina next year to Murder. I can’t afford that. If Aug has Binge Eating he can’t use the Bone Earrings so loses two speed and strength. But I did complain about too many dice right? And after the ritual he will gain one of each. I have to take it. Maybe try and cure it with the Barber Surgeon.

Then came the choice on whether to Shrine or Skull Ritual. I went for Ritual. +1 to all your stats including Luck is not to be trifled with.

And today’s new favourite must have item is the Almanac.

People of the Skull Campaign – Year Ten

You know I was actually optimistic about this fight. The thing with the Nemesis monsters is you don’t get to fight them enough to know them like you know your quarry monsters. Sure I could look through the deck and come up with a plan but where is the fun in that. I know for sure I won’t be taking any Heavy gear next time. Three Traps in a row and First Strike against Heavy armour. Two of my peeps did learn Kings Step but it was a massacre. So I decided to run away. I am loathe to run away preferring to stand and fight but with only five peeps I need to conserve my survivors. It didn’t go so well…

The Ug’s had a plan they crouched behind a pillar waiting their moment to strike and launched into the Iron warrior. Try as they might they could not wound it. It was a whirling mass of flashing blades. Eventually Bug figured it out but every hit squirted acid over him. Aug figured it out too but the challenger kept whacking him in the shins.
No one noticed poor Xuggina had crept too close and the behemoth gutted her from top to bottom. Run Away! They all fled trying to find the pictograms to lead them home. Only Hug arrived…
Either the tribe would die or Hug would have to do the nasty with Mrs Z who was technically…
Looking on the bright side somewhere out there were three bodies so at least they wouldn’t starve.
When Hug did arrive Mrs Zugetta had erected some kind of bone fence queueing system as two separate Hooded armour wearers had arrived. They didn’t seem to get on very well. One of them thrust a package into Hug’s hands and said sign here. Hug now had a sharp iron stick. It was very sticky. He just couldn’t put it down.
The other returning visitors dumped a bit of a monster and stuck another metal stick in the ground to match their first one. What were they for Hug wondered? Maybe for putting lanterns on top.

It’s sickening knowing my settlement is probably doomed. Two survivors and one has never left the settlement. Do I kill them off now by making whoopee or not? I have to take them both out. This not wearing armour thing is deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least they will die doing what they enjoyed.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ha ha.
What a way to go eh?

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I know your pain. I've been playing a mod with poor armor access and it's really rough stuff.

Have lion cloaks been helping you much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls