Subject: Extra movement discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I like to shuffleMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: Tofu loverMicrobadge: Stapling your junk to a 2x4 is also an acquired taste, doesn't mean I want to do it.
Does any one know were to get extra movement discs? We have played this game a few times and our only complaint is passing that disc around the table. Most of the wooden discs I can find online are too thin.
Bare wood is acceptable, Im willing to paint it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think Crokinole discs can be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Bell
United States
Crown Point
IN
flag msg tools
RIPE CHRISSIES???
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
Microbadge: Gears of War: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fan
Absolutely they can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I like to shuffleMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: Tofu loverMicrobadge: Stapling your junk to a 2x4 is also an acquired taste, doesn't mean I want to do it.
I thought about Crokinole discs, but arnt they much larger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Burcham
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Windows found a virus. It's a Pandemic.
Microbadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift SystemMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: I won this werewolf in a top hat microbadge from Level 99 Games!Microbadge: Santorini fanMicrobadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fan
What size disc comes in the box? There are different sizes of crokinole discs available.
I want to order 5 black discs and some more natural wood discs for when my copy arrives. Im definitely going to have 10 people interested in playing together over the holiday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: Home Sweet HomeMicrobadge: I love Christmas!Microbadge: Board games keep me youngMicrobadge: Old Time Radio fan
Yes, Crokinole discs are larger than the Flick 'em Up disc. Just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent 2nd Edition fanMicrobadge: Battles of Westeros fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Roborally fanMicrobadge: Street Fighter fan
What about Backgammon discs? Some of the nicer sets have a pleasant weighty feel like Bakelite and slide very smoothly. You can find them pretty readily and cheaply in thrift stores, usually in a faux leather case, at least around where I live.

You might even find a Mancala set for glass beads for extra bullets, although it might be an unfair advantage against anyone who uses the original wooden discs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
This is not as nice as a wooden disc, but it is serviceable.

Get a piece of corrugated cardboard from a box, place the wooden movement disc on the cardboard and trace its outline onto to cardboard. Cut out the circle of cardboard. Use the cardboard disc as a teplate to make more cardboard discs the same diameter. You could glue a couple of cardboard discs together to make them the same thickness as the original disc.

A second idea would be to get a piece of wood about as thick as the original wooden disc and use a drill with a hole saw that will cut out circles the same diameter as the original disc. Do a little sanding to round over the edges. You could even paint the discs you made different colors - maybe even just two colors to match the good cowboy meeples and the renegade cowboy meeples.

Giddy'up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Check out SpielMaterial -- they probably have just the right size:

http://www.spielematerial.de/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=disc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Burcham
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift SystemMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: I won this werewolf in a top hat microbadge from Level 99 Games!Microbadge: Santorini fanMicrobadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fan
Is the disc closer to 1 ⅛" or 1 ¼" inch?
I've seen both for sale online.
The measurements matter most when adding the "Stallion Canyon" expansion.
The discs have to fit through the horses legs.
Can anyone who owns the game confirm measurement in the movement disc?
Height and diameter?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Approximate dimensions using a ruler (don't have calipers handy):

Diameter: 25mm (1in)
Thickness: 7mm (0.276in)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Burcham
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
I found this site on another thread about wood components:

http://www.caseyswood.com/shoppingcart/zen-cart/index.php?ma...

These "checkers" discs are close to the same dimensions as the movement token that come with the game. The sides are not as rounded though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls