Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Question 1:
Are Momentum Attacks [9.5.2] compulsory or optional on the part of the attacker? In other words, if an attacking unit is moved adjacent to a defending unit, is the ensuing shock attack in this phase automatically a Momentum Attack, or does the attacker have the option of foregoing the bonus? (The rationale to avoiding Momentum Attack would be to escape the requirement to Advance After Shock [9.8] in the case of Momentum Attack).

In my play so far I've ruled Momentum Attacks are compulsory, but the phrasing in [9.8] "...if he used the Momentum Attack modifier" sort of makes it sound like the attacker has made a choice. [9.5.2] makes Momentum Attack sound compulsory, but falls short of using the good ol' italicized "must", hence this question.

Question 2:
This question also stems from [9.8] Advance After Shock, and the phrase "...if he used the Momentum Attack modifier". If the defender is cavalry and Retreats Before Shock, is a Momentum Attack attacker considered to have used used the Momentum Attack modifier, and hence must Advance After Shock, even though the shock attack never actually got to the die rolling stage?

In my play so far I've interpreted "... if he used the Momentum Attack modifier" as "...in the case of a Momentum Attack" and hence required the attacker to advance when the defender Retreats Before Shock as per [9.3].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Sorry for delay . . .

Momentum Attacks are Compulsory . . .and for 2nd question, yes, he ,must advance.

Enjoy! RHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
RHBerg wrote:

Momentum Attacks are Compulsory . . .and for 2nd question, yes, he ,must advance.
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls