Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules say a Freeze die is defeated if it is knocked off.

Two situations

1) Freeze die on top of opponents die/dice is knocked off of them and lands on top of a nearby opponents die.
Does it come off since it is no longer on the die/dice it was originally set it?

2) Freeze die is knocked off of my opponents die/dice and lands on top of one of my own die (this happened to me last game).
Does it come off or does it freeze your own die?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digger Cook
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say as long as a freeze cube is on top of a cube, it's frozen.

Did you or your opponent knock your freeze cube onto your cube? That had to be a crazy moment, the kind that make me love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
BGDigger wrote:
I would say as long as a freeze cube is on top of a cube, it's frozen.

Did you or your opponent knock your freeze cube onto your cube? That had to be a crazy moment, the kind that make me love this game.

So you think your own freeze die can freeze your other dice?
You may be right, I don't know exactly what the rules mean by 'knocked off'. Knocked off the original die/dice or knocked off of the any dice

I placed a die on one of my wife's that was on my side close to my King.
I can't recall whose turn it was but the end result was my freeze die getting knocked off her frozen die and ended up on top of one of my own die.

I think we ruled once a freeze die is knocked off of its original die/dice, it comes off, but again I'm not 100% certain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zephram Raviedes
msg tools
The rules just say "Defeated if knocked off." I've taken it to mean that the Freeze is defeated when it's knocked off the unit you placed it on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.