Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/lowerprices

I've spot-checked a few titles and they are now mostly competitive with CardHaus (which the majority of the time has the lowest prices of all OLGS) and sometimes even beating them. To me this changes the landscape and moves them from 3rd or 4th choice (4th when BGW was still alive, 3rd now) to joint 1st place in terms of prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
The race to the bottom begins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I especially liked the none-too-subtle swipe at CSI:

"And, unlike our competitors, we don’t require you to spend thousands of dollars to earn a higher loyalty discount."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I noticed earlier while looking up prices for my secret santa that many of the games on my wishlist had their prices marked down an additional $2-$4. that makes me (and my secret santa presumably) very happy. MM gets alot of heat on this site but I've had nothing but positive experiences with them thus far. $6 flat rate shipping is much appreciated when the competitors charge an arm and a leg for any order under $100 (sometimes even $125).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was attracted to MM because I can't always hit the free shipping threshold so even with slightly higher prices, the cheaper shipping still made it worth it. Now with comparable prices, MM is 100% my #1 choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

"And, unlike our competitors, we don’t require you to spend thousands of dollars to earn a higher loyalty discount."

They ran the survey a while back, and that was one of the main things I responded with - "CSI has better prices now that I'm at their max discount." Good to see they took the feedback - MM is now cheaper than CSI even with my discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at the 3% tier with CoolStuff. I have a large order with them (waiting for a few preorders). For fun I compared the prices and my savings gap has closed drastically, however I still saved $1 overall (or $9 if you allow for the daily sale price of one of the games).

Man, it's got to be hard being in the retail board game business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
CSI: Cool Stuff, In Stock
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

We're the worst!

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Strong
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Quack... Quack!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

We're the worst!

Jerry

That loyalty discount program actively convinced me to not purchase from CSI. Somehow, I don't think that was the plan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jstrong wrote:
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

We're the worst!

Jerry

That loyalty discount program actively convinced me to not purchase from CSI. Somehow, I don't think that was the plan...

Care to elaborate on why it actively convinced you to not order from us?

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Babanov
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
We're the worst!

Jerry

You wish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
jstrong wrote:
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

We're the worst!

Jerry

Jerry

Hi Jerry! Thanks for coming on here! I know that you weren't talking to me at all but I wanted to give you some feedback about my my experience with your business.

First off, THANKS for offering games at GREAT prices and for offering a competitive free shipping threshold. You guys rock and the games are ALWAYS packaged well...I'd say better than anyone else from my experience. I recommend a lot of people in my area to purchase at your store and I know that they do often. I also appreciate the even better daily deal prices.

One of the things that is frustrating though is that even after I've spent thousands of dollars at CSI (I'm at 3% off) other stores are becoming more and more price competitive, to the point that the loyalty program doesn't even make a difference anymore. I can usually get better prices from Carhaus.com now without them offering any incentive program. Plus they offer and EXTRA 5% off for preorders! I really wish you guys did this too! I do recognize that their free shipping threshold is a little higher but that really isn't an issue for me. Now that miniature market is doing this I feel like some of my business will start being pulled their way as well. When I first got into gaming I felt like you guys were THE OLGS...you guys ALWAYS seemed to have the best prices, the best shipping promotion, and the incentive program felt like it mattered. Now I feel like other places are continuing making it really tough to stay AS loyal of a customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Jerry: Not the worst at all. Your shipping is higher quality and more reliable at the $99 threshold. And I do appreciate the loyalty discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like CSI. ESPECIALLY when I find a good Daily Deal. The only thing that stops me from ordering from them more often is the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I am a level 7 soon to be 8 discount from CSI, the prices from Cardhaus are still lower than the discount, but thats not necessarily my only/biggest reason why they are my goto e-tailer right now.

I dont understant the logistics, or distribution network, but it seems that Cardhaus recieves and ships preorders faster than anywhere else.

I have a CSI preorder with Imperial Settlers: Atlanteans in it.
CSI shows they are going to ship that Nov 11, which is only a few days away.
Cardhaus has been shipping that title since Oct 27. 1-2 days isnt a big deal. But thats a 2 week difference, that I dont get.

But now I guess I'll at least have a look @ MM, as I have bought stuff there before also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
jstrong wrote:
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

We're the worst!

Jerry

Jerry

Hi Jerry! Thanks for coming on here! I know that you weren't talking to me at all but I wanted to give you some feedback about my my experience with your business.

First off, THANKS for offering games at GREAT prices and for offering a competitive free shipping threshold. You guys rock and the games are ALWAYS packaged well...I'd say better than anyone else from my experience. I recommend a lot of people in my area to purchase at your store and I know that they do often. I also appreciate the even better daily deal prices.

One of the things that is frustrating though is that even after I've spent thousands of dollars at CSI (I'm at 3% off) other stores are becoming more and more price competitive, to the point that the loyalty program doesn't even make a difference anymore. I can usually get better prices from Carhaus.com now without them offering any incentive program. Plus they offer and EXTRA 5% off for preorders! I really wish you guys did this too! I do recognize that their free shipping threshold is a little higher but that really isn't an issue for me. Now that miniature market is doing this I feel like some of my business will start being pulled their way as well. When I first got into gaming I felt like you guys were THE OLGS...you guys ALWAYS seemed to have the best prices, the best shipping promotion, and the incentive program felt like it mattered. Now I feel like other places are continuing making it really tough to stay AS loyal of a customer.

Cory,

Thank you for your feedback, it's really appreciated. I do believe that if we don't continue to improve we'll fall behind as we've seen happen to so many board game companies over the years. I'm sure we'll have some news for you on the price front very soon.

I think there are a number of things that separate us from the pack. We sponsor Tom Vasel Dice Tower for instance. We're starting to dabble in the Essen Spiel games and I think we'll improve that in the future. Usually we have the best selection.

Generally we pack the best, though I know some people hate the peanuts, it's not cost effective to pack any other way when you weigh all factors. Too many games get damaged using other methods if that matters to you.

I think we have amazing customer service. We answer emails 6 days a week and the phone 5 days a week to make changes to orders per our customers requests.

But we're not going to please everyone! And we're OK with that but we're going to try and do our very best and let the customers decide.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback!

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Prediction: Prices on the BGG Marketplace will continue to go up anyway.

My very earliest online game store purchases were from Funagain. Later I purchased all my D&D minis at Miniature Market. When I found Cool Stuff I got all my board games from them. I'm at level 7 on my way to 8.

Most of my most recent orders have been from Cardhaus anyway. Between their ding&dent sales, their better holiday sales, their 5% pre-order discount, and their better inventory (better than MM's, about the same as CSI, but CSI always sells out first)

I have an $8.00 rewards credit from MM's Black Friday sale from 2 years ago that I STILL havent spent, because every time I try to throw an order together, one of the three games I want is out of stock at MM.

I can see how the "loyalty program" is a mixed bag for CSI, they maintain some customers with loyalty, but can't drop their prices to match the other stores because too many of their customers would be getting another 4-5% off. Now with some games still being cheaper elsewhere, the customer-end of the loyalty will start dispersing.

The best reason I had to stay with CSI at one point was - they were throwing Pathfinder promos in with the expansion packs, but these weren't advertised and then I got one or two orders that didn't have them and lost the incentive.

I've even occasionally ordered something from an Amazon sale or the Target B2G1, Canadian sites for Game Salute games or other taking advantage of exchange rates, Ebay, the BGGMarketplace, and the 2nd tier of online stores.

So let's throw down the gauntlet to all 3 stupid-crazy stores with low prices, great service, and mercenary-like customers like me. Tell these publishers to stop with the convention-exclusive or other exclusive promos (like Iellos new pay full MSRP at brick and mortar or preorder from their website to get promos) and get your hands on promos. LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER.

BUT THE FIRST ONE OF YOU THAT DOES A STORE-EXCLUSIVE PROMO GETS KICKED OUT OF THE COOL CLUB. They still need to be available elsewhere like the publisher's website or the BGG store or something.

And the other thing I really want is the ability to pre-order things that will "eventually" be in stock. For example - Flick Em Up sold out, and then I wanted to pre-order for wave 2 and none of the sites had pre-orders up and then suddenly the game shows up in stock. But now its "close to Christmas" and I haven't already ordered it, so I can't necessarily just order it on my own without checking first. I know WHY the stores don't want to take pre-orders on games with unknown release dates and unknown quantities because of "bad" customers. But I really would have patiently waited my turn in line for it. This would be even cooler with the ability to self-edit open orders, so I can shift still pending pre-orders to a future order and replace them with in stock items to get standing orders to ship without having to play email games with the store!

And before one of you throws the entitlement thing at me, please not I said all three stores were awesome. I'm just throwing pipe-dream ideas out that would make them EVEN AWESOMER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
Jerry: Not the worst at all. Your shipping is higher quality and more reliable at the $99 threshold. And I do appreciate the loyalty discount.

Steve, er Scott,

Sorry, not sure why I said Steve. Thanks! We really appreciate it.

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm maxed our at csi,And they have been my favorite since I switched from the old thoughthammer....but I have to admit that mm looks like it has surplanted CSI as the go to online game store. CSI better take notice or they may to go the way of thoughthammer

It seems like mm gets in the newest games weeks before they show up on CSI. And they also offer things that CSI doesn't, like more Arcadia quest product and miniature games.

Csi need to do something to keep us top tier customers....don't see much sense in spending there anymore since I can't get another bump, like another level of savings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
Even though I am a level 7 soon to be 8 discount from CSI, the prices from Cardhaus are still lower than the discount, but thats not necessarily my only/biggest reason why they are my goto e-tailer right now.

I dont understant the logistics, or distribution network, but it seems that Cardhaus recieves and ships preorders faster than anywhere else.

I have a CSI preorder with Imperial Settlers: Atlanteans in it.
CSI shows they are going to ship that Nov 11, which is only a few days away.
Cardhaus has been shipping that title since Oct 27. 1-2 days isnt a big deal. But thats a 2 week difference, that I dont get.

But now I guess I'll at least have a look @ MM, as I have bought stuff there before also.

Scott,

The only thing I found was this GTS Distribution page. It shows the release date as November 11th, same as our page.

But in any case thanks for bringing that to my attention, that's a big concern if we should have shipped it already. We take great pride in shipping as early as allowed while still following the rules. I will make sure we're right and post something tomorrow. If we're wrong we'll ship it tomorrow.

Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem with CSI but with MM, I usually always get my shipment the next day they ship. So it's really no contest for me when I order games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben card
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i buy 90 percent of my stuff from coolstuff. since i live in Orlando, the instore pickup option has actually been a godsend. i usually end up spending more than the 100 for free shipping, but going to get it that same day is so awesome. before i realized how close (20 min drive) i got a few shipments sent through the mail. i usually would get them next day or the next with just the free shipping speed. Most of the other online stores are in the top of the US. so it takes almost a week to get

i would and have gladly paid a dollar or more to get what you actually want (in stock) and the same day. anyday.

love you guys, and will continue to be a customer of yours. and i look forward to reaching level 9 rank someday soon (eight now)!!funny since i started boardgaming a little over a year ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI for me 90% of the time.

They pack better than anyone else and that is extremely important. This Smartpost thing is annoying but not that bad.

And personally, prices among the OLGS' isn't a big deal. I wouldn't walk across the street to save another 1-2%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Their discount is based on one year's worth of purchases. So yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
jstrong wrote:

Jerry

I think it discourages me, because I don't bother doing the math and assume your prices are higher than they actually are as a result (I have the max discount). If you dynamically generated the prices inclusive of loyalty discounts when logged in, I'd probably wind up ordering from you a lot more often. Well, and if you were better about preorders. A lot of times I find an upcoming game doesn't let me order it yet, so I just place the entire order elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.