4 Posts

Risk: Star Wars Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Replay ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Goldfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game have good replay ability? I know there is dice rolling so there is always luck with that but is there only one way to win all the time or are there different strategies to use each time. I am on the fence with this one but I don't want to miss out on this like I did with queen's gambit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian V.
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go get it. It's cheap and cool. Take it as an advise NOT by a SW fan boy, but as an advise by someone with a huge preference for American style board games. It does all the things you expect from a thematic Star Wars game. Also, there is no need to worry about luck. Dice are fair if you roll a lot, and that's what you do in R:SW. After 6 plays, I have no doubt about its high replayability, especially when played with the semi official revised rules. I bought it 3 weeks ago, and it's currently my personal Game of the Hour.

Also, the game is short enough to make experiments with house rules, which is another incentive to play the game over and over again. ...which is NOT a necessity, but something you CAN easily do if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark3275 wrote:
Does this game have good replay ability? I know there is dice rolling so there is always luck with that but is there only one way to win all the time or are there different strategies to use each time. I am on the fence with this one but I don't want to miss out on this like I did with queen's gambit.
To your Question: What I feel and what I read, you really have only one Strategy to win, so I think the replayability is not as huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got just over 60 games played. For us there was an interesting progression from Rebels always win, to Empire always wins, to both sides wins about the same amount. This is not a game of deep strategy, but it is very fun, plays quickly, and has enough luck through cards and dice to keep things interesting.

Our last game came down to just the Death Star and a lone Y Wing. This came about by the Rebels investing heavily in the space battle early in the game, redeeming Vader, and eventually getting the shield down. The Empire deployed Ties and heavily utilized the Death Star. The Rebels used their 5 bonus cards to take out the Executor. It was a pretty exciting game considering this was play 61 or so. At the end the Rebels had destroyed all the Ties but had only four Y-Wings left. By this point the Death Star was targeting sectors, so the Rebels had to spend a few cards to separate the Y Wings lest they be destroyed in one shot. The Rebels missed setting off the required chain reaction, and the Death Star managed to eliminate the last Y Wing. It was a hoot.

$24 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Definitely worth having.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls