Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Emerson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've already decided that I'm going to back this game as I really enjoyed watching Rahdo's walkthough of the gameplay. When he got to the part about influence/diplomacy, my friend and I talked about it, and we think the influence seems like it would be better as an individual trait rather than something which is shared on the common board. It seemed weird to us that one player could be using mostly diplomacy to take over towns while another player prefers combat, only to turn around later in the game and put just a few cubes on the influence track and get lots of points that way from the piggy-back. Wouldn't it be better to have each player board have their own influence track as that defines on an individual level how diplomatic they are vs. war-like? That was the *only* thing which stood out as a strange mechanic. Other than that, we love how this game plays and are both looking to back it. I guess the only advantage is that since it is a common track and it has a limit, that other players could balance out the diplomacy to prevent someone else from getting "too diplomatic". So therefore, if it was changed so that each player had their own influence, then they would have to "spend" cubes when they used diplomacy to pay for the cost so that they would have to build up again.

So anyway, to Ryan and Red Raven Games...great job on game design and artwork! Looking forward to this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the shared track. It measures your influence so I see it as what the world thinks of you.
I think the fluctuation and filling in the back end as the ever changing minds of the people inhabiting the archipelago. Sometimes they kinda like the crap you're doing, whatever it maybe at the time, and other times they really like the crap you're doing, once again whatever it may be at the time.
Also when you go into town to use your influence, that could be anything, not just being 'diplomatic'. A war like person could be bullying and using their warlike influence to take the town without a drop of blood being she'd, or even back door bargaining with corrupt politicians.
Long story short I'm digging that shared meter and it really allows me to use my imagination in creating some theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls