Subject: What's the next step in Legacy gaming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
My first idea is Agricola Legacy. You can guess how it might go...

"So Francois, since that plowing accident you can't do as much as before."
"True Eloise, with just the one leg I'm not good for anything but fishing and taking care of the sheep. However, on the upside I've learned Latin so I can get better deals when we sell our cows to the Bishop."
"Well you'd best sell a few to me, half price, unless you want your crops to wither again."
"Damn you and that Witchcraft you learned Eloise! Push me too far and I'll have my mutated children lead the Infected on a rampage across your alfalfa plantation!"
"Fine, fine, we'd best have peace anyway. I hear Heinrich has developed plasma missiles and we must unite or he will roll over the galaxy, er, village."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Electronic format...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Candyland legacy.

"You landed on a bunch of lollipop spots, and now you have diabetes. One false move and you're dead."
"True, but I did get this decree from the king by winning the last game that anyone who lands on the same spot as me gets shank'd."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Fleet Battles: Legacy.

"Now with 30% MORE rules!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic: The Legacy

When you kill something with a fire spell, you actually get to light the card on fire!

Zombicide: The Legacy

If a survivor dies in one game, you don't get to use them again! And if games keep getting lost, you start with more zombies. (Winning more games gives you more powerful weapons to start or discover. Do really well and you find a molotov cocktail dispenser in the 7-11.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Young
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
jcfiala wrote:
Magic: The Legacy
That's just playing with the original ante rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Epic Legacies

A game takes 20-30 minutes, you can complete the legacy campaign in a single day's gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A game you can play an infinite number of times. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
504 Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
kngdvd wrote:
504 Legacy.
For the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:
Tiny Epic Legacies

A game takes 20-30 minutes, you can complete the legacy campaign in a single day's gaming.
I'd be interested to see how they fit a legacy game in one of those little boxes. I'd imagine a lot of it would have to be stickers or a few cards in envelopes.

... Actually trying to design a legacy game that fits in a box that small would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe something along these lines?

4X series of games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm torn on Legacy gaming...on the one hand, I like the idea of one gaming session affecting subsequent games. However, I also like being able to play the entire "campaign" over again, not just the final session. So for me, a "resettable Legacy game would be ideal. Failing that, one with expansions that allow the campaign to be extended once you complete the original series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chiriboga
United States
Oviedo
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TI3 legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault - Thorns of the BriarqueenMicrobadge: Ogre - Designer's Edition - OwnerMicrobadge: Rebuilding the Infinity EngineMicrobadge: Omen: A Reign of War fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fan - Dis
Trying to imagine Fluxx Legacy, but... I got nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scarecrowking wrote:
Trying to imagine Fluxx Legacy, but... I got nothing.
I suspect that We Didn't Playtest This: Legacies comes moderately close.

Also, I think the next evolution of Legacy games is obvious - each game comes with enough cyanide capsules for every player, so that once you've finished the campaign you ensure that none of you will ever be able to play anything ever again.

And of course, people will start a bunch of threads asking "What if we don't take the cyanide, but just pledge to never play any more games?" and "If I get reincarnated, can I play again?" and other such nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowless11 wrote:
TI3 legacy.
With a 24 game Legacy campaign. Its already stupidly long for each game, lets make the Legacy part stupid long too!

... Actually I would buy this, then probably never get to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Chicago Bears fanMicrobadge: Go Bears!Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Chicago Bears fan - Walter PaytonMicrobadge: On a crusade to spread Eurogames
Win, Lose, or Banana Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Busen Memo Legacy.

(You knew it was coming.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin Legacy Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R4D6 wrote:
Maybe something along these lines?

4X series of games
Oh, that's coming, hopefully soon...

SeaFall

(I still have faith.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Relive the entire life of Sentinels of the Multiverse's Superman/Captain America hybrid Legacy. Make decisions that reshape this entire timeline/dimension. Watch heroes and villains rise and fall. Form teams and break them up. Lose friends to the timeline forever. Can you stop the villainous timeline-eating Dimension Devourer?

LEGACY LEGACY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
There is no next step. We've reached the pinnacle of the hobby. Our only remaining choice is to wait out our days in anticipation of our inevitable deaths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
and of course you can always play Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy Legacy where you maintain your family tree indefinitely and add new rules and an event deck that will try to keep the table space from getting out of hand.

Simple things like only keep 4 generations on the table to more fun things like if you lose too much reputation, you have to "disown" a branch of the family tree, or split off into two families, and the extra special "long-term incest" cards.

My gf is enjoying this idea so much, she wants to play Legacy this way now and make rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a true time traveling legacy series of legacy games would be cool. Maybe a Defenders of the Realm Legacy that dovetails into Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 and then culminates in Defenders of the Last Stand Legacy for a post-apocalyptic grand finale.

It would be extra cool if in each subsequent game you played as the distant descendants of the characters from the last game and carried the legacy of their successes or failures in your starting abilities.

Ok, you may now return to spoof legacies of Munchkin and Busen Memo....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |