Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Variants

Subject: Shadows of Brimstone miniatures... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Goncalves
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

As most of you I have a dozen miniature games that I really don't use. I like the miniatures and don't play the game because of something. I know it happens to you all. Would be nice to be possible to incorporate them in other games...

So - my question is... what about including some of the enemies on Shadows of Brimstone? Mansion of Madness, Journey: Wrath of Demons, Myth, Arkham Horror or others. Are there any variants? I discover a guy here that has done some creatures like Mi-Go, Cthonian, Cultist and a few others. IS there a way to do some more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the type of enemies, you will have to come up with interesting base abilities and elite abilities. For me this was the most time consuming part since you need to fiddle with the abilities (sometimes drastically) to have them fit into Shadows of Brimstone, but still retain the feel of the original monster. I think what it really boils down to is that you need a good feel for the enemy in order to fit them into the game.

By the way I have a big update to the Cthulhu enemies today that will include the Cultist orders, Cultist Priest, Revised Cultist, Spells, Brutal sides to all of the enemies except the Shoggoth, as well as minor tweaks to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Goncalves
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Njorl. Really looking forward. I Think those Cthulhu enemies are realy nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls