Popular Tags: [View All]
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what do you guys think this games needs other than additional boards, player pawns and family patriarchs/matriarchs to support 5/6 player counts? I mean does the number of possible spots on the main board has to be increased to give everyone the option to play there or are the any rules changes needed?
Waiting for your contributions!
Kolja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you would need is an epically massive table. That would be a truly impressive amount of space taken up making family trees...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also suspect that downtime would be an issue. I've not played it many times, but a four player game felt quite slow. There's very little to do on other players' turns.

It might mess up the shared worker placement options - you could find the good ones have all gone before you even get a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thats what i ment with rules changes. Can there be a "follow" mechanic like in Tiny Epic Galaxy or the like to get players more engaged on others turn, and can the worker placement be manipulatet so that everybody get a chance to use the fertility doctor for example... I thought of changing the play order via the reversed honor track. So last comes first and so on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
Too much downtime for me to even play it with 4.

Extra players means 5th and 6th player would be pretty screwed as far as action selection on the communal board goes... Maybe rework a system of providing extra "Extra Action" tokens for them, since those can be used even if the spot is already taken.

The yellow actions would maybe require an extra card per round as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.