Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Changing structures during game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you change/switch a structure during a game?

Let's say I built a factory, but later on want to build a bastion on that friendly world. Since the structure limit per world is one structure, can I pay the bastion cost after a deploy order and just switch the factory with a bastion. The factory would leave the map.

It kinda makes sense to me. I couldn't find anything like this in the rules. I think factions have special abilities that in some way do this sort of thing but I am more interested in switching structures as a general rule.

Is it possible? And if you can't do it, should you be able to do it since it kinda makes sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no rules for scuttling units/structures. The only way to get rid of them is by someone destroying them (and in the case of factories/cities only card abilities can do that.) Alao the rules for structures say you can only build on friendly worlds not containing a structure. Its not just a limit its also a condition.

Also, I think allowing switching/scuttling lessens the impact of unit limits and the abilities of the Eldar and Ultramarines regarding structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.