Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning to pre order this with that firm release date, but CSI is now showing it as arriving Dec/Jan!

What gives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Street date has been pushed to next week, barring any additional shipping delays. We should see it at BGG Con (if you happen to be going.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Buffalo Bills fanMicrobadge: Firefly: Shiny Dice fanMicrobadge: Critical FanMicrobadge: NXT fanMicrobadge: New York Yankees fan
Bullwinkle wrote:
I was planning to pre order this with that firm release date, but CSI is now showing it as arriving Dec/Jan!

What gives?
It's not January. CSI and many online retailers buffer release dates we give distributors unfortunately, not just with us, but in general practice.

We're going through the motions of receiving it at our warehouse and then shipping out. Expectations are it should be in the US stores by late November with overseas shipments taking a bit longer pending logistics and receiving there as well. Web Orders from our site will be notified as soon as they ship as well.

Sorry for any confusion. We obviously don't run CSI or other online retailers, but we do our best to provide the distribution channel with accurate information to pass on. How that info is used is unfortunately out of our control in most cases.

We just showed off Academy at the Southern Hobby retailer show and it was received very well. Had many great and tight games there, averaging about 30 minutes each, which is awesome to see with new players picking it up.

Looking forward to getting this in everyone's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So any idea when I can buy it in The Netherlands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, has the proposed release time changed now that we have passed late November and none of the online shops have this for sale yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon claims to have it and says they sent me my copy yesterday (for a surprisingly low international postage price). They're not my standard online game store by any stretch but at least they had one (assuming they haven't mixed it up with something else), and I couldn't argue with the postage (something I can't say, sadly, for places like CSI).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that people on the Arcane Wonders forums are receiving their Academy preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for people playing at home - my Amazon order turned up and I now have my grubby mitts on a nice copy of Academy. So, yeah, they are worth checking out, especially if no one else has it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls