Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: what the..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe some real information about whats going on with backers copies now please?????!!!!!!! i see online retailer game shops are showing stocks. Great how non backers/retailers can get games so easy. Reality has hit me hard that i would have been better of picking this up outside of the Kickstarter. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What is going on is pretty simple. Prodos does not have money to send us KS backers our stuff. They are selling the game and expansions via their web store and through retail, and allegedly will use money from that to send us our stuff.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Campbell
Australia
Ryde
N.S.W
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
What is going on is pretty simple. Prodos does not have money to send us KS backers our stuff. They are selling the game and expansions via their web store and through retail, and allegedly will use money from that to send us our stuff.



Just to add, Prodos had previously said that it had over £650000 tied up in printed add-ons which it could do nothing with, so now the first add-ons have been approved, as they get sold Prodos can finally start to make some much needed money back and use that capital to continue and ramp up shipping to backers. I for one am really upset how this one has gone.
Though if it was run today I could not back it, and we got a pretty nice deal as backers, I am ready to receive my add-ons and I put a lot into this.

I think that we are past the worst of it and things will just continue to get approved and we will soon see that wave 1+2 shipping is complete.
Prodos have definitely made a mess of this project and really been caught out banking on the best case scenario and should have gotten much needed experience from the dose of reality that hit them.
They seemed they were counting on some stuff to go through quickly and everything to work in their favour, then they kept giving updates and hoping things would fall in place and work out for them, but their communication seems to be improving and seem to be headed in the right direction. It is a huge project and ambitious for them and though I do believe they will pull it off, I am pretty sure that there has been a lot more involved.

I look forward to the day I get my add-ons and rewards in total, and I really want to hear that they have completed wave 1+2 as I think it is unacceptable for this to be in retail cheaper than those backers paid who are stil as yet to receive their core games.
I look forward to when the KS is a bad memory, a story of caution people tell while having a game of AvP-THB.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heh - in fact retailers have had the base game on their shelves since mid JULY (that'll be nearly 3 months ago then). They've also had restocks since then.

1800live wrote:

Though if it was run today I could not back it, and we got a pretty nice deal as backers, I am ready to receive my add-ons and I put a lot into this.

Did we as backers get a good deal? I guess I won't know until I actually flipping well receive something. At that point I'll have a look at what I could have bought it for at retail - you can be sure even now it's available at prices discounted from the RRP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At one of the shows Prodos were at they were selling some items cheaper than what us KS backers paid for them. And you actually got the item if you bought it there.


So, no, we did not get a pretty nice deal. Many of us paid more and still don't have a fucking thing. That is about as far from the definition of 'pretty nice deal' as you can get.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so in theory once us backers receive are items it should be the base game plus all the additions we all paid for in one large delivery, no excuse really as everything its literally available. Well almost all.
wont be surprised if its a sell up to recoup costs an then a sell out of everything.(that's just my opinion)
the old "sorry Kickstarters but that's the risk you took" whisper is just BS.
i hate to shake my fist and stamp my feet on this one but i so far feel like ive been royally @$#%#$.
if i could get a refund AT LEAST I COULD BUY STRAIGHT OFF THE SHELF!
so much for a limited release board game.
i could rant some more but it'll fall on deaf ears.yuk
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Just a thought, has any KS backer reached out to them and offered to pay for shipping for them to send it ?

I am on Dwarf King Saga KS. I have had nothing...

..however for those that have, one of the components is seriously riddled with errors and they are going to reprint.

They posted about it the other day and we can get this if we pay shipping.

Although i am not happy to pay shipping for a replacement part for something I've got none of - just reading this - if Produs are in this much trouble and need funds to ship, I'd be inclined to pay them rather then loose out on everything.

Just a thought. There are no winners here - but it seems like they're caught between the pillar and the posts and the only loosers as the backers. However some light might exisit if you can agree to pay a fee to get something... ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie57 wrote:
However some light might exisit if you can agree to pay a fee to get something... ?


It's Dust Babylon all over again. Pay some more to get the stuff that you already paid for.

You my well be right - that paying more may be the only way to salvage anything. But frankly, this is the second campaign that's asking me to do this, and I don't want companies going into Kickstarter thinking that backers will keep on and on paying more and more. So sad as it is, I would rather Prodos fail than bail them out and set a precedent for the next bunch of incompetents.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
zombie57 wrote:
However some light might exisit if you can agree to pay a fee to get something... ?


It's Dust Babylon all over again. Pay some more to get the stuff that you already paid for.

You my well be right - that paying more may be the only way to salvage anything. But frankly, this is the second campaign that's asking me to do this, and I don't want companies going into Kickstarter thinking that backers will keep on and on paying more and more. So sad as it is, I would rather Prodos fail than bail them out and set a precedent for the next bunch of incompetents.


Teramyyd KS (absolute disaster) also brought this up as a possibility saying they had run out of money for shipping and one solution was for people to pay extra for shipping. There were a large amount of commenters who were willing to do this. I was against it because I think it also gives KS companies an "out" - "Oh hey, we ran out of money. If you want your stuff, send us more money"
Of course, at this point we are likely to get jack sh*t from Teramyyd

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If they give the option to Pay MOAR! to get our stuff, they should also offer a refund option.

Fuck Prodos. They are not getting another cent from me.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian ducat
Australia
flag msg tools
I sent them a message and email about offering to pay the shipping for my KS copy and they did not respond, not sure what to think when they won't even bother responding to me offering to pay for my own shipping
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One of:
They don't read emails (very likely. Given their track record)
They can't be bothered with backers (ditto)
All their stock is going to retail and they don't actually have anything ready for backers (ditto again)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what their problem is, is that they want to take more money from us for shipping, but they are trying to get it to the point where we are all so frustrated, that we suggest it, and then demand it first. This way, it is something that they feel bad about, but the backers demanded it, and they have capitulated. They are so transparent! I have no doubt that this has been the plan for a long time. Seriously, what else could it be?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not available in the US. WTF
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of copies to be had in retail... So glad I gave them my money years ago...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie57 wrote:
Just a thought, has any KS backer reached out to them and offered to pay for shipping for them to send it ?

I am on Dwarf King Saga KS. I have had nothing...

..however for those that have, one of the components is seriously riddled with errors and they are going to reprint.

They posted about it the other day and we can get this if we pay shipping.

Although i am not happy to pay shipping for a replacement part for something I've got none of - just reading this - if Produs are in this much trouble and need funds to ship, I'd be inclined to pay them rather then loose out on everything.

Just a thought. There are no winners here - but it seems like they're caught between the pillar and the posts and the only loosers as the backers. However some light might exisit if you can agree to pay a fee to get something... ?


As a backer in the United States, I ALREADY paid for shipping when I backed the project. That's why I don't want to hear this "we can't ship until we get more money;" I paid for shipping as part of my pledge, being outside the UK.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.