United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in the kickstarter, i asked this several times and they did respond that it was on the way. i think we just need to be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First Created. Also ask the creators to post their actual business and miniatures manufacturing experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Here's the link to our gameplay walkthrough guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44tx3ax802rxvlr/ETS%20Mission%20Wa...

The Grimlord Games team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you guys still plan on having a video right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a physical prototype even exist? The release of the PDF walkthrough leads me to believe it doesn't. I apologize if this was obvious information but it definitely wasn't for me.

It was stated:

"...the game is 99% complete the core game is ready to go"

Did I misinterpret this statement?

With all due respect to the creators, I'm also leaning towards dropping out with the lack of a video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazio Bettin
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieX3 wrote:
Does a physical prototype even exist? The release of the PDF walkthrough leads me to believe it doesn't. I apologize if this was obvious information but it definitely wasn't for me.

It was stated:

"...the game is 99% complete the core game is ready to go"

Did I misinterpret this statement?

With all due respect to the creators, I'm also leaning towards dropping out with the lack of a video.

At the moment, I am a backer. However, if they don't show us pictures of the minis quality in a reasonable time, I will drop my pledge. Easy as that.
I will not consider the Psychic miniature prototype I saw because it seemed like a poor quality prototype, but if that's the final quality of the minis, I'll be thinking hard. I've seen the photos of this Project Elite everyone mentions and by the gods I don't want a game with that horrible quality. If you make a game with minis, they have to be at least decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I googled "Project Elite miniatures". Never heard of the game before...

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2708380_lg.jpg

I feel bad. My eyes are bleeding like these minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
A physical prototype exists, but is purely for play testing and does not accurately represent the quality of the final, finished game. More of our miniatures are currently with the painting studio and will be posted as the campaign progresses. The game is being produced by one of the best companies in the industry with incredibly high standards.

What Project Elite did to its backers is nothing short of thievery. It's clear right from the start that the quality of our whole campaign is of a different level. Endure the Stars is our first title, but we have many more in the works and none of those will be possible without building a good reputation right from the start.

Project Elite had extensive gameplay runthrough videos and sent copies out to Rahdo runs through, Undead Viking, Board Game Brawl and Cardboard Castaway yet even with all of those things the end product was very sub par, so this isn't a hallmark of quality. In the end it comes down to whether you believe in the project or not.

It's always disappointing to hear anything negative regarding your project, but we hope that as the campaign progresses you'll change your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that wave. I want this campaign to succeed for the right reasons. We'll stick around until the end and make our decisions then. If you say more revelations are on the horizon, then there's no need to leave just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very unfortunate that there isn't a walkthrough video provided and even more that there isn't a nice preview and walkthrough video by Rhado or RickyRoyal (no Undead Viking please).

I have to admit I am lazy at the moment. I have such a huge workload going on and there are a so many new Kickstarters coming in the last months that I would prefer a video to give me an idea how this games plays and feel. At the moment what interests me is the art and the theme, but I don't know if there is really interesting gameplay behind it. A good video would be a possibility to give me a quick and easy access to the game.

The written gameplay walkthrough is nice and I appreciate it, but it needs me to invest more in it (i.e. also read the rulebook first) than lay back for half an hour and watch Rhado explain me the game. If the video excites me, I happily read the rulebook and get deeper into the gameplay, but I need a little encouragement to do that. I know this sounds simple-minded but I have too much to do and am too tired when I come home so that I don't want to read through 20-40 pages for every Kickstarter I am intersted in. Just my personal opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artificial Intelligence
msg tools
mbmb
Gameplay and component quality are 2 different items. I am a Project Elite backer, and while I am sorely disappointed with the whole miniature fiasco, those who reviewed the game and backers who have played the game and or have the game in hand say that the game play is solid and engaging. I can only wait and hope that the steps Drawlab are taking will correct things. I would not call it theft, but poor choices and bad management. Their latest update does seem like things are improving: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241478362/project-elite...

Video reviews are the norm for kickstarter games and I am hopeful that you will consider having one done for ETS before your campaign ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glad I skipped project elite.

I am watching this one. It has a space hulk meets zombicide feel that I like. Am a little concerned for all the above reasons and a pretty low goal for a game with miniatures. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:
A physical prototype exists, but is purely for play testing and does not accurately represent the quality of the final, finished game. More of our miniatures are currently with the painting studio and will be posted as the campaign progresses. The game is being produced by one of the best companies in the industry with incredibly high standards.

I think you need to trust your backers will see past the prototype nature of the game. We want to see the gameplay. Heck, in one of Rahdo's preview for a concurrent Kickstarter project, he printed out the map himself, as well as the cards and proxied the minis. We could still see how the gameplay went, and whether it was for us or not.

As for Project ELITE... well, I wouldn't call it theft but it was very, very shady trying to pass off those substandard minis as "wonderful" and "great". It will probably go down in Kickstarter Boardgame case study as "how not to con your backers to accept substandard minis even though the game itself is great".

I know many folks have vowed never to back an Artipia game again, and I'm probably leaning that way myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All

We have some good news regarding reviews/demos of Endure the Stars

Many of you have expressed the desire for a game play video, so we have not 1 but 2 gameplay videos incoming. The good folks over at Board Game Brawl and Undead Viking will be posting Endure the Stars videos towards the end of this week and the beginning of next week!

Grimlord Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

You requested it and we are now pleased to be able to share our first gameplay review from Nick Meenachan at Board Game Brawl.

This preview isn't public yet but will go live on Board Game Brawl's YouTube channel very soon.

Another review on its way early next week from Undead Viking.

The Grimlord Games team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.