Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Survive: Escape from Atlantis!» Forums » General

Subject: Tricking out 1982 Survive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tonichi x Tabletop2Go
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I recently got hold of a good condition copy of the 1982 edition of this game at a yard sale.

Given the limited space in my shelf, and also how much i want the game to look good, I'm thinking of the ff:
- cutting and scoring the board so that it becomes a quad-fold (Has anyone done this?)
- creating boat minis (Any samples out there?)
- modding tiles to elevate them, much like the current version

I'm posting this more to seek help, in case any of you have done this. Any tips or inputs are highly welcome.


//G
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CryWolf wrote:
So I recently got hold of a good condition copy of the 1982 edition of this game at a yard sale.

Given the limited space in my shelf, and also how much i want the game to look good, I'm thinking of the ff:
- cutting and scoring the board so that it becomes a quad-fold (Has anyone done this?)
Did you ever end up modding your board? I'm looking at my 1982 edition and thinking of the same thing...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FrockLobster wrote:
CryWolf wrote:
So I recently got hold of a good condition copy of the 1982 edition of this game at a yard sale.

Given the limited space in my shelf, and also how much i want the game to look good, I'm thinking of the ff:
- cutting and scoring the board so that it becomes a quad-fold (Has anyone done this?)
Did you ever end up modding your board? I'm looking at my 1982 edition and thinking of the same thing...
I also want to know. Even if the tiles stay the same, I am most interested in replacing the boats and people...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonichi x Tabletop2Go
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryalyn wrote:
FrockLobster wrote:
CryWolf wrote:
So I recently got hold of a good condition copy of the 1982 edition of this game at a yard sale.

Given the limited space in my shelf, and also how much i want the game to look good, I'm thinking of the ff:
- cutting and scoring the board so that it becomes a quad-fold (Has anyone done this?)
Did you ever end up modding your board? I'm looking at my 1982 edition and thinking of the same thing...
I also want to know. Even if the tiles stay the same, I am most interested in replacing the boats and people...
Didn't know this thread had any replies.

For the tiles, I think I'll be using illustration board to elevate them, and print stickers for the bottom with the same text/image as before.

I have the original people, so that's not really a problem.

For the board, I think I'll have to just jump in and do it. If I end up wrecking the board, I'll just make a PnP board (over which I'll have more control). My only issue is ensuring that the board holds up after scoring. :|

For the boat ... I think illustration board spray painted brown is the best way to go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls