Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am not sure where to categorize this post.
I played solo and a 2P game, and a 4P game.
The biggest difference that I felt in the game is the space for your gallerist to move. In solo or 2P game, you have a freedom to move your gallerist and also maximize your actions with your assistants. but in 4P game, it's hard to place an assistant since you are always kicked out by someone else, hence you start your turn in your gallery.

How do you guys think about this?
The location spaces are fix with only four locations at any number of players. For some games it's not a big deal, the number of spaces do not change. But since in this game, the max number of spaces is exactly the same with max player count, it really makes a differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played solo, with 2 and with 4, too. I loved the game every single time. Of course there is more room to move when playing with 2, but there are fewer artists. I also like the competition in the international market and the auction area a lot more with more players. The game becomes more of a challenge.
And I am still scoring badly enough to want to focus on that first and foremost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
You get the same amount of Kicked Out actions whether it is your Gallerist or your assistant that gets kicked out. For this reason, assistants are MORE important in the solo and 2-player game so that you can cover more locations.

There is also a big advantage to having your Gallerist kicked out, he goes back to your Gallery which means you can move him back to the same location on your turn if you want to!

Also, in the 2-player game, you don't use the middle column on the International Market, so it still makes it quite a competition for the 2 remaining columns! (I haven't played it solo yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls