Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
......... Trade Geeklist located here
......... Request Geeklist is located here.

Key dates:

Submissions Open: NOW
Submissions Close: Saturday November 21 at 7pm
Want Lists Due: Saturday November 28 at 7pm
Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.

Trade Date & Location:

Where: TabsCon, Royal Canadian Legion Hall (Branch #11), 9 Dawes Road, Toronto, ON
When: Saturday December 5, 2015.
Time: 12:00pm - 12:30pm - receive submissions.
......... 12:30pm - 1:00pm - pick up new games.

New Rule:
All games must have the name of the recipient attached.
Post-it notes or painter's tape works best.

Results Now Posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shawn! Hope you can make it this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It hasn't shown up in the OLWLG yet, but the exceedingly abstract user Dvonn Yinsh (candoo) has already posted a bunch of items. Is that going to cause problems? I know we're supposed to add items through the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it changed last trade (I wasn't able to participate in that one), the tool should update based on what's in the geeklist. Even using the tool just ends up creating geeklist entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Unless it changed last trade (I wasn't able to participate in that one), the tool should update based on what's in the geeklist. Even using the tool just ends up creating geeklist entries.
Seems like it's all fine. Other than maybe the definition of mint condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
This is correct. The trade has to be manually added to the OLWLG by Jeff so it takes some time, it's not a problem if items get added before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
恋は前傾姿勢
mbmbmbmbmb
DaJackel wrote:
New Rule:
All games must have the name of the recipient attached.
Post-it notes or painter's tape works best.
I can see the intent behind the rule, but I sure hope that people will have the sense to write the name on the note/tape before applying it to the box—I could see recipients' disputing the condition of a game if it had their name engraved on the lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I'm debating if I want to put Tannhauser with the two expansions and several figures on the Math Trade. Problem is, I wouldn't want to know what to trade for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmb
Just list them, and in the end, if there's nothing listed you would want to trade it for, you simply submit a blank want-list for that item. So it won't trade.

There's no risk/downside in listing it if you could be willing to part with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just to suggest what others already have: the deadlines for item submission and wantlist submission should be moved closer to the con. I'd say the 27-28th for items and the 1st-2nd for wantlists would work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
I'm just to suggest what others already have: the deadlines for item submission and wantlist submission should be moved closer to the con. I'd say the 27-28th for items and the 1st-2nd for wantlists would work fine.
Many people in the past asked for me to end it a bit earlier so they would have time to post the games that didn't trade for sale on the TABs Forum.

I just can't please anyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaJackel wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
Many people in the past asked for me to end it a bit earlier so they would have time to post the games that didn't trade for sale on the TABs Forum.

I actually agree with this. Problem is people post their items at the VERY last minute which can be overwhelming for those of us pressed for time. Giving such a short time frame would be frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind, it's working now.

Anyone else having problems this evening adding items to the Geeklist using the OLWLG? After clicking the button "Add this to Geeklist", it loads the Geeklist page, but gives me an error message in a yellow box that says "Invalid action" rather than the normal preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any reason why the math trade list hasn't been updated for the past few days? Nearly twice as many items on since the last update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
Is there any reason why the math trade list hasn't been updated for the past few days? Nearly twice as many items on since the last update
It's a manual operation to update the tool's view of the Geeklist from BGG. So the answer is that Shawn hasn't gotten around to it.

Nothing's wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
DaJackel wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Maybe don't change the end of the trade but there is no reason not to allow more time for submitting games. I don't think that having a full week is really necessary. Maybe allow submissions until Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of unpainted minis from the Reaper Bones Kickstarter 2 last year. I also have Dwarven Forge sets, more than I can use. If you are interested in either of these for your gaming, drop me a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I just wanted to save people time by letting you know that I will be sumbiting blank want lists foe the following 3 games:
Kingdom Death: Monster
Cthatulu Wars
3 Kingdoms Redux

All my other games are up for grabs.
Thanks
Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please sync the trade tool -- I'm not seeing my games there yet.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grinspy wrote:
Thanks!
Sorry, was going to leave it open an extra day or two as requested by others. Updated and submissions open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh, that would have been fine. But the tool indicated it was closed.

DaJackel wrote:
grinspy wrote:
Thanks!
Sorry, was going to leave it open an extra day or two as requested by others. Updated and submissions open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I may have to leave an empty want list too. Going to be out for the weekend. Unless someone would like to handle my trades for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete L.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

While Shawn has kindly offered to run the Math Trade, he has informed us recently that he's not able to attend the TABSCon event and therefore unable to oversee the Math Trade itself. We've reached out to a couple others to check on their availability, but to no avail. At this point, we're putting out a last call to see if perhaps one of you is willing and able to manage the trade at TABSCon. If you've participated in one of these before at our event, you know the routine - 1 pm in the upstairs hall.

I know this is rather last minute and it looks like another great selection of games in this trade, so it would be a shame to cancel it, but if we don't get confirmation of someone willing to run this event by noon EST on Friday, Nov. 27, then we'll have to scrap the Math Trade this time around. If you are interested, message myself here on BGG asap and we'll talk offline.

Thanks,

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan R wrote:
Hi,
I just wanted to save people time by letting you know that I will be sumbiting blank want lists foe the following 3 games:
Kingdom Death: Monster
Cthatulu Wars
3 Kingdoms Redux

All my other games are up for grabs.
Thanks
Alan
What do you want for Cthulu Wars? PM me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody:

Have confirmed with Pete that I will be handling the trade at TABSCON. Shawn's still running the computery bit, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |