Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BGG» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Crimson Creek: Canberra group pledge. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite recent attempts to control my kickstarter habit I have, in a moment of weakness, pledged for Crimson Creek.

"Crimson Creek is an homage to 80's slasher films. It is a 2-6 player semi-cooperative pocket horror deduction game that takes 30-45 minutes to play. Where players run to safe locations, peek from hiding places, and search for clues all while trying to survive the blade of The Hatchetman."

There are only 3 days to go. All stretch goals have been unlocked. It's US$12 per copy or US$19 with some extra content. (I've gone for the $19 option).

Shipping is charged at a flat rate, no matter how many copies are ordered (Kickstarter rules limit the maximum quantity to 10, I believe). If any Canberrans want to jump aboard and share postage, I'd be happy to accommodate you. Just post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm very interested. But I'm kind of new to this community, so I don't mind pledging on my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
I'm very interested. But I'm kind of new to this community, so I don't mind pledging on my own.
Not a problem. Would you like to join my pledge? If so, would you like the $12 or $19?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
As long as you're cool with it, I'm happy to join your pledge at the $19 level (I haven't bought anything through Kickstarter before, all I've done is contribute to the Tuggeranong game store's bar ... so I might need some hand-holding in terms of the process).

I have PM'd you my contact details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
As long as you're cool with it, I'm happy to join your pledge at the $19 level (I haven't bought anything through Kickstarter before, all I've done is contribute to the Tuggeranong game store's bar ... so I might need some hand-holding in terms of the process).

I have PM'd you my contact details.
Great. I've sent you a GM with some background. I'll update my pledge to include your $19 and we'll split the $12 postage (so you'll be up for US$25 in total unless somebody else joins us).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've updated my pledge. I can change it at any time until the campaign ends, so you can change your mind, but if you do then you need to let me know very quickly.

On Friday the campaign will end then at some time in the next few weeks (but probably straight away) kickstarter will charge my credit card. I happen to be flying out of the country on Saturday and won't be back until December, so you may not hear from me until mid December. Then I'll have info on what US$25 turned out to be in Australian dollars and I'll send you details of how you can pay me.

Then we both get to wait and see if the game really is delivered in April 2016 and whether it's actually any good. Delays and disappointments are commonplace where kickstarter is concerned, I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha. It will be an adventure. Thanks for your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick update: I've just received the kickstarter "survey", which is how they gather postal addresses for delivery. They don't usually send that out until they are close to shipping, so we should be seeing this game in a month or two.

Also Michael, just for the record, you are paid up already. When the game arrives, I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool. Thanks, Simon. Exciting times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another update. Today they announced that shipping is being delayed until May, due to colour issues with printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know. I'll continue waiting patiently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another update, another delay. Some of the cards were printed with incorrect colours and have to be replaced. That means manufacturing is still some way from complete and consequently delivery must still be a good way off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls