Nippon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring ships if I don't have top 3 influence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Ang
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules give examples only for scoring players, but what about players who do not have the top 3 influence? Can they still score 2vp during each scoring even if they don't have an influence tile or are not among the top 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book is quite clear in stating that:

"Note! The player(s) with the most Influence and the player(s) with the second most Influence also score the VP indicated on their Ships."

So, no, the 3rd place player won't score points for their ships neither will players without any influence on the region... you have to be 1st or 2nd on the Region to score the points of your Ships on that same Region
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulo is absolutely right. Let me just add that you must consider the foreign influence every time you're counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that wasn't clear is if 2nd and 3rd are tied. Do they both score their ships or neither?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
The only thing that wasn't clear is if 2nd and 3rd are tied. Do they both score their ships or neither?
Rules say player(s). Looks like both to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Rules say player(s). Looks like both to me.
That's what we did but it was the only thing in the rules that seemed a bit unclear as the "(s)" could have been referring to 1st and 2nd place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Yes, they both score their ships.

Paulo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
The rule book is quite clear in stating that:

"Note! The player(s) with the most Influence and the player(s) with the second most Influence also score the VP indicated on their Ships."

So, no, the 3rd place player won't score points for their ships neither will players without any influence on the region... you have to be 1st or 2nd on the Region to score the points of your Ships on that same Region
You can also find this to be true from the iconography from the board.
There are ship icons beside the table for majority scoring only for 1st and 2nd rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls