Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no difference with regards to how they treat Blocking Terrain. It's just a different wording. The Blocking Terrain section of the RRG mentions both abilities acting the same way.

Comparing the two, Massive has everything Mobile has, along with the following differences:
• Massive figures cannot enter Interior spaces in a Campaign.
• Massive figures can end their movement in spaces with non-Massive figures, in which case the other figures are pushed out of the way and the Massive figure can no longer move for the rest of the activation.
• Massive figures cannot enter a space of another Massive figure.
• Figures do not block line of sight to or from a Massive figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a strict interpretation of the rules, no figures, including massive figures, block LOS to or from a massive figure; but does this seem right? Shouldn't massive figures get in the way of other massive figures? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Shouldn't massive figures get in the way of other massive figures? Am I missing something?
I think it is for simplicity of rules. (And allowing massive figures to block LoS to and from other massive figures would just create other thematic issues, like how Banthas can block your LoS to an AT-ST?)

I don't think you will be having an issue with this, even in the rare missions where you might be having two massive figures in play at the same time.

It is just something to keep in mind when developing your strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls