Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: King of the Cosmos: Qualifier Wave 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Welcome to King of the Cosmos Qualifier Tournament! You are part of the 6th wave. You should subscribe to this thread and the King of the Cosmos Main Threadhttps://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462871/king-cosmos-main-di... for updates.

Rules/Reminders:
This is a single-game, single elimination tournament bracket.
The seeds have been randomized using random.org’s random series generator.
The player on the top of the bracket is the HOME player.
The games shall be played using the HOME player’s expansion preference. This should be indicated in the match listings below.
Refusing or being unable to play with the HOME player’s preference will result in automatic forfeit. (However, a HOME player may accept a challenge not in his preference, and the result of said game will count.)

Report your results in this thread only. You can report final authority scores, I’m recording them for posterity, but it is not required. Also, please indicate when challenges have been sent.

I will try to post whenever a new match or set of matches need to be played. However, if you have posted your result and know who you need to play next (with what expansions), you do not need to wait for me to post the matches.

If you lose, you are unfortunately out of the tournament. However, if you’d like to try again, make a post saying so either here or back in the sign-up thread in the General forum . You’ll get added right back into the waiting list for another shot at being King.

If you happen to win this qualifier tournament, congratulations! You are now a Challenger. I will add you to the Challenger list. Soon you will be able to play against the King of the Cosmos, but be patient as there may be other Challengers already waiting in line. Watch the King of the Cosmos Main Thread for when your match is ready to be played.

Without further ado, here are the matches to be played:

HOME vs AWAY
TAGames (1B) vs DarthChronos
kolok (1B) vs Vidarrr
daddyo (NP) vs Irish
BCSBuck (1B) vs Horowits

You can also see this Wave’s (and others’) progress at this Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mpioOvGKQP9R8Bviwaq8... Just go to the tab with your wave number!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
DarthChronos challenged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok checking in.

Vidarr, I'm in CET, and mostly available to play btw 19.00-24.00 CET (although today I may be able to play sporadically even as early as from 16.30 CET).

Edit: No, I won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCauley
United States
Millersville (Lancaster County)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish over daddyo. Gg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok wrote:
kolok checking in.

Vidarr, I'm in CET, and mostly available to play btw 19.00-24.00 CET (although today I may be able to play sporadically even as early as from 16.30 CET).

I'm in CET too, will be online for about three hours now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidarrr wrote:
kolok wrote:
kolok checking in.

I'm in CET too, will be online for about three hours now
Vow, it's a gift playing with sy from the same time zone! At least if you're in CET

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok def. Vidarrr

Gg! Brain World came at exactly the right time for me (8 trade coming next hand). Without it I would have been doomed I'm afraid: Vidarrr's 2 Destroyers kept coming at me in formation all game... but at the end they got unlucky I think, drawing a weak hand thus letting BW to stay out.
Also, I have no idea how V. was able to buy that Dreadnaught I left in the TR so carelessly despite having Battle Pod... I remember looking at their draw pile and saying myself no way they will get 7 trade together... Next thing I knew Dread sitting in their discard... But lucky for me, vice versa for them, it remained unplayed.
Thx for the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2016 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: 2018 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
TAGames quest for revenge ended in the first round

DarthChronos over TAGames 57 to -2

I felt I played well, but DC played better.

Sign me up for next available wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That brain world lived long enough to kill me dead. But it happens. Gg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Newport
msg tools
badge
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
TAGames quest for revenge ended in the first round

DarthChronos over TAGames 57 to -2

I felt I played well, but DC played better.

Sign me up for next available wave.
That was a good game. I got lucky with the trade fed, and made a few risky scrap gambits with my star empire ships that paid off big. Good luck in the next qualifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Awesome guys. With those last two matches finishing, the upper semifinal is now ready for play:

HOME vs AWAY
DarthChronos (1B) vs kolok

There is still one more first round match that should be ongoing:
HOME vs AWAY
BCSBuck (1B) vs Horowits

Irish will play the winner in the lower semifinal.

Vidarrr, do you wish to also sign up for another chance? I really appreciate that you (and others) have continued to participate in King of the Cosmos with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhunsber wrote:

Kolok, do you wish to also sign up for another chance? I really appreciate that you (and others) have continued to participate in King of the Cosmos with me.
Er, unprecedentely I'm not out yet... Just as your noble self wrote in the upper part of the post (Or is it you already see my demotion by the Sith Lord? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
kolok wrote:
jhunsber wrote:

Kolok, do you wish to also sign up for another chance? I really appreciate that you (and others) have continued to participate in King of the Cosmos with me.
Er, unprecedentely I'm not out yet... Just as your noble self wrote in the upper part of the post (Or is it you already see my demotion by the Sith Lord? )
I noticed this as well, and quickly edited my post when I saw my mistake. Luckily, the statement I made applies to both of you, so I only had to change the name.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx!

DarthChronos challenged. Finally I get to play with the other Sith of the BGG league! (already crossed swords with DarthBinkly)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok def. DarthCronos

...in a Brain World (me) vs Ark (DC) deathmatch. Which was so exciting I postponed going to sleep . Both of those killers were out early, DC got 1st to choose btw them and he went with the Ark, next turn I got the BW. At first it seemed that DC would make quick work of me: his Ark always came early, by the time I had BW out he had already used the Ark twice! But I managed to stabilize behind a Recycling Station and some blues, also scooped up Mothership and Stealth Needle, slowed DC with some yellows... and won.

Very good game, heart rate elevating one!
Thx for the game, DarthChronos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Kolok, you are closer than ever to Bastion. One more win will earn you the privilege of challenging the current King. However, Irish, BCSBuck, and Horowits are also still in the running! Who will prevail, I wonder?

Also, DarthChronos, are you interested in another go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Newport
msg tools
badge
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a rough game, Kolok. I though for sure that I had you, especially when I got you down to 6. Then I got screwed when it counted. Drew all of my damage before you pulled your Brain World, which allowed you to keep it out for three turns. Then, on the last shuffle, bottom decked the Ark. Well, played.

Sign me up, Joshua.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhunsber wrote:
Kolok, you are closer than ever to Bastion. One more win will earn you the privilege of challenging the current King. However, Irish, BCSBuck, and Horowits are also still in the running! Who will prevail, I wonder?
Well, I owe Horowits one , never played with Irish and BCSBuck though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stang
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horowits wrote:
1B challenge sent out to BCSBuck. I hope that's ok. I waited 24 hours.
Yep, we're playing now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stang
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horowits wrote:
Horowits (23) over BCSbuck (-2)
Put me back in, coach!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
stangm wrote:
horowits wrote:
Horowits (23) over BCSbuck (-2)
Put me back in, coach!
You're back in the game! However, you just missed cut off for the next wave, so you'll have to wait until at least Saturday for the next wave to start.

With that match finished, we now have our lower semifinal match:
HOME vs AWAY
Irish (1B) vs Horowits

The winner will go on to face kolok in the finals. Good luck to both sides!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCauley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish over Horowits 52 - (3)

Gg. I felt bad as my draws constantly came up great and yours never allowed you to do much. My Recycling Station was out most of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCauley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw I challenged Kolok since we have the same preference of 1B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IrishRenegade wrote:
Btw I challenged Kolok since we have the same preference of 1B.
We're on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Awesome guys! This means we're in the final match. I see that you have already started the game, but for completionist's sake, here is the final matchup:

HOME vs AWAY
kolok (1B) vs Irish

The winner will become a Challenger. The loser will get...another shot later.

Speaking of which, Horowitz, you want to make another go at it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |