Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
Microbadge: Washington's War fan Microbadge: "I am not throwing away my shot!"Microbadge: Philadelphia 76'ers fanMicrobadge: Mark Herman fanMicrobadge: Michael Rinella Fan
Is the project dead?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fire in the Sky: The Great Pacific War 1941-1945 fanMicrobadge: Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815 fanMicrobadge: Hearts and Minds: Vietnam 1965-1975 fanMicrobadge: Call of Cthulhu RPG fanMicrobadge: Aquelarre RPG fan
airjudden wrote:
Is the project dead?

Thanks
Hi Judd,

No. Christian and I created a definitive list of questions for the designer several months ago, but we are still waiting for his official answers. After we have them, I am quite sure that we will be able to write a much more clear rulebook, including ALL questions and doubts that appeared along the last years.

The project is alive, but frozen until we have those clarifications, sorry. cry

I will send you any news.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Playing until death!Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Julius Caesar fanMicrobadge: BloggerMicrobadge: Chaos in the Old World fan
Oh man, reading title of this thread I thought this revised rulebook was just published.

It's really hard to play this game (and others from this series) without a mistake. It's even harder to know if we're making any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
Microbadge: Washington's War fan Microbadge: "I am not throwing away my shot!"Microbadge: Philadelphia 76'ers fanMicrobadge: Mark Herman fanMicrobadge: Michael Rinella Fan
Gentilhombre wrote:
airjudden wrote:
Is the project dead?

Thanks
Hi Judd,

No. Christian and I created a definitive list of questions for the designer several months ago, but we are still waiting for his official answers. After we have them, I am quite sure that we will be able to write a much more clear rulebook, including ALL questions and doubts that appeared along the last years.

The project is alive, but frozen until we have those clarifications, sorry. cry

I will send you any news.

David
OK, thanks.

I had somebody send me a trade offer for Punic Island, so I needed to see where this stood. I think it could be a pretty good game, but it is unplayable in its current form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fire in the Sky: The Great Pacific War 1941-1945 fanMicrobadge: Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815 fanMicrobadge: Hearts and Minds: Vietnam 1965-1975 fanMicrobadge: Call of Cthulhu RPG fanMicrobadge: Aquelarre RPG fan
Trust me, I am the first player interested on the revised rulebook! I like this game series, but I also agree that the rulebook, being simple, is simply horrible. whistle

The designer has sent me a message today, saying that he will try to answer to our questions as soon as possible. I have 99% of the the revised rulebook already written, I am just waiting for those last doubts to include them. I have written the Spanish version, so I will have to translate it, and it would be great if a native English speaker could correct it.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Playing until death!Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Julius Caesar fanMicrobadge: BloggerMicrobadge: Chaos in the Old World fan
Oh please give this rulebook to native English speaker because proper editing is very much needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
I'd volunteer to proof it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: A More Perfect Union: The Struggle to Ratify the Constitution fanMicrobadge: Middle-earth CCG fan - Sauron's EyeMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Shifting Sands fanMicrobadge: A More Perfect Union: The Struggle to Ratify the Constitution fan
I would be happy to help proof the rules if you need another set of eyes.

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Perfect, thanks Judd and Tom. I will post here as soon as we have the official answers to our doubts and we write the revised rulebook in English. Sorry, but I am unable to say a date.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
138 days later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, this long wait is highly frustrating...

I am still waiting for the designer's answers to our last questions. He said he would answer soon, but nothing until now.

I have decided to ask him permission to post a rough draft of the corrected/clarified rulebook, to obtain feedback from you and also write the English version. I sent him a message three days ago, still no answer. But I expect that he will give permission and we will be able to work on the new rulebook (even if several minor doubts are still unanswered).

Trust me, I am very interested on this project, I have dedicated many hours to the corrections and I expect that sooner than later this series will have the rulebook it deserves.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GOOD NEWS!!!

The designer has given me permission to show you the rough draft of the corrected and clarified version of the series rulebook.

I have ready the Spanish version of the rulebook. I will need time to finish the translation of the English version. That will be my next step. As soon as it is ready, I will post it here, and that way you will be able to correct my text (both style -as I am not a native English speaker- and typos) and contribute with your suggestions.

Christian Ludvig and I wrote several final doubts for the designer, which he still has not answered. We will include any further clarification later.

Now we are much closer to the rulebook this nice series deserve.
Best,

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi,

I have finished the first version of the corrected rulebook in Spanish and uploaded it here in BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/130710/libro-de-reglas-co...

As I said, now I am working on the English version. I will try to finish it as soon as possible.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi,

Sooner than expected, I have finished the English version of the corrected rulebook of the Campaign Commander Series. I have sent it to BGG and it will be uploaded in the Files section of Campaign Commander Volume III: Punic Island. Edit: it is already uploaded.

You may also download it (PDF format) here:
https://app.box.com/s/j9u2xn108sz4jpgq058j70esa8z4d3v4

Important:
- I need your help to improve this rough draft version! I am not an English native speaker, so a style correction will be welcome.
- Of course, I also need your feedback about errata, corrections, things that could be clarified, etc.

I humbly think that this version of the rulebook is much clearer, as I have tried to include all the official errata, clarifications and FAQ appeared here and in other forums along the last years.

Those of you who want to help with the style corrections, please send me an e-mail to cruzadayrevolucion@gmail.com and I will send you the rulebook in Word format, much easier to correct.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi,

Christian Ludvig and I continue working on this project, trying to improve the rulebook and include as many clarifications as possible.

We have already added several corrections and more texts -especially in the "naval transport" section, the most problematic one-, but I will wait more before I upload the next version of the rulebook.

I will maintain you informed, thanks!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Oatman
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-1942 fanMicrobadge: ConsimWorldMicrobadge: Up Front fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2: Pacific Theater
Just procured a copy of this game, have the English version of the rules been edited for use yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Strike of the Eagle fan - TukhachevskyMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Ancients fanMicrobadge: Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-1942 fanMicrobadge: Mare Nostrum: Empires fan
the latest series rules can be found in the folder for Roads to Stalingrad (vol 1 in the series)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls