18Dixie with 18MS and 18GA» Forums » General

Subject: 18MS for 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benson Propst
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Deep Thought Games fanMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: University of Michigan
Does MS provide an engaging 2P experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Microbadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: I love Canada!Microbadge: In MemoriamMicrobadge: I love Mexico!Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming community
I have not yet played it with 2, but I'd certainly cheerfully try it with 2 based on my experience with the multi-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Propst
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Deep Thought Games fanMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: University of Michigan
Based on the the game's mechanics does it seem like 18MS would work as a 2P game?

The consensus for 2P 18xx games seems to be that most of them do not work well as a 2P game.

The one game that seems to be the exception to this rule is 1860 and in some cases 18OE short scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Every true 18xx fan knows you should use $20 chipsMicrobadge: 1860 fanMicrobadge: 1880: China fan!Microbadge: Silver File Uploader
Bendalf wrote:
The consensus for 2P 18xx games seems to be that most of them do not work well as a 2P game.

The one game that seems to be the exception to this rule is 1860 and in some cases 18OE short scenarios.
1825 Unit 3 is specifically a two-player game. The other 1825 units work well with two players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Propst
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
daveberry wrote:
Bendalf wrote:

1825 Unit 3 is specifically a two-player game. The other 1825 units work well with two players as well.
Dave, good point. I think I forgot about the 1825 units because this is one area of 18xx that I am very very unversed in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls