Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Return to Hoth Heroes! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy N
msg tools
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/9/brave-t...

Definitely some power creep (arguably for the better, with the Imperial power creep).

1. That Medical Droid looks awesome!

2. And the Sniper.... LOS place a token for +1 Damage until the enemy is dead??? For everyone?????
I don't need to see anything else, the rest is gravy.

3. And Verana Talos could give Jyn a run for her money for best character....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Tobias Hatting
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
What does power creep mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See original thread here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1469900/return-hoth-heroes-...

Power creep = new stuff being more powerful than the older stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Microbadge: Challenge to play 10 games 10 times each hardcore participantMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: Fringe fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
jnad83 wrote:
2. And the Sniper.... LOS place a token for +1 Damage until the enemy is dead??? For everyone?????
Nothing special. Altready in the core game, late-campaign the rebels are going to one-shot the imperial figures anyway, so you use disposable figures and/or learn how to block LoS to your uniques.

(Compare it to Bleed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
(Compare it to Bleed.)
Bleed can be discarded though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Verana Talos. Running up, killing a figure, stealing its gun, killing the next figure, etc.

Can't wait to see what changes in the side missions and story missions as well as what Time Frame is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Microbadge: Challenge to play 10 games 10 times each hardcore participantMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: Fringe fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
jacenat wrote:
a1bert wrote:
(Compare it to Bleed.)
Bleed can be discarded though.
Mostly either have to or don't bother though (with Imperial figures in the campaign).

Of course bleed works during your activation while targeted works during attacks against the figure, like Weaken. It is really like a condition that you can't get rid of (and is assigned using a different mechanism than actual conditions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Like X-Wing, each deployment card has a cost in points. The points cost balance the abilities value in relation to the other deployment cards. As long as FFG keeps balancing the cost of new units, power creep is not a problem. If they don't balance something correctly, it's not power creep, it's just something that's unbalanced. One data point does not a trend make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnad83 wrote:
"Start or end of your activation" is a pretty big restriction, it may be tricky to put that on a priority target in a timely fashion. And at a cost of 2 strain, you aren't going to want to put it on fodder. For that matter, at 2 strain, it costs roughly half on an action to use; it could take quite a few attacks to pay off. Compare to Mak's ability, which costs 1 strain for Pierce 2.

I think Loku will be great for "boss encounters" but less exciting the rest of the time. Doesn't seem like power creep to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I really don't see the power creep.

The Medical Droid is definitely good. The imperial player will have a really hard time winning via wounding but the dps loss will be noticeable and the round timer will be a greater threat. Gideon has Masterstroke+Command to make up for not shooting.

Loku will be compared to Mak a lot. Mak starts weakish but has a very strong skill deck. It does look like Loku is better offensively, but Mak can save a team from losing by simply not being able to be hit. Also if you compare Loku's coordinated attack with Mak's No escape, Loku's skill is laughably bad.

Venera does look really good, but doesn't seem to do the same job any better than Gaarkhan, who can also effectively deal with grouped units.

I also thought the imperial units were balance for their cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Patrician
Canada
flag msg tools
They look fun. Can't imagine that medbot attacking anything. I guess that's why it gets a focus when it doesn't attack. Would it instill fear in anyone? It's like being attacked by C3PO.

Now if we could only get a list of all their skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls