Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

if i have to archive a card, does that mean this card will never be used in this campaign again? (so some rescources can only be drawn once per campaign?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
cador2 wrote:
hi,

if i have to archive a card, does that mean this card will never be used in this campaign again? (so some rescources can only be drawn once per campaign?)
No, it just means back in it's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
hi,

No, archived means to return to the box, but not to remove from play permanently. A few others have done a great job of explaining this in other threads, but here goes.

There are actually only a few decks in the game at all (innovation for one). The rest of your "draws" happen from the given card set that is available in the box. So if something causes you to draw a basic resource you take one card from that card set in the box (I'm trying to avoid the word "deck" here). If something causes it to be archived, it goes back in the box. If something causes you to draw again in the same turn you could draw the same exact card again (or in a later turn of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Archive means to return to the game box.

If a gear card is archived, it returns to the pile of unused gear cards. If a resource card is archived, it returns to that stack of resources. When a fighting art or disorder is archived, it's returned to the fighting arts and disorders. Et cetera.

Any cards not actively in use are considered to be "in the box." Archive means to return there because they are no longer in use. Cards are archived so that they can be drawn/obtained again when instructed to do so.

So every time you draw a random fighting art or disorder, it's from the full selection of that card type. After settlement step 9, every resource card should be back in the box so that the next time you gain a resource of whichever type, that pile of resources is completely replenished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Having the glossary say “…any archived card is permanently lost.” isn’t really that helpful.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
I thought you set your resources that your town has aside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mahuloq wrote:
You never actually keep resource cards. The only time you hold onto resource cards is when you are out in the hunt or showdown. When survivors find resources in these phases, they must actually survive (at least 1) to bring back the spoils. Once you reach the settlement phase, any resources that you don't use should be recorded in your storage and the actual cards archived. I typically hold onto the resources during the settlement phase to make planning easier. I think the game even tells you to record and archive all unspent resources at the end of the settlement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mahuloq wrote:
Step 9 of 10 of the Settlement Phase asks you to record your remaining resources and archive the cards.

The Files section has at least 2 nice printouts that allow you to track your resources easily per settlement. Before that, we were making a mess of our notes section on the original Settlement sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Concannon
msg tools
mb
When a card or effect tells you to archive something, it's a good idea to doublecheck the text around it. Often at times you will see something like:

-Add this to the settlement storage then archive this card , meaning you are keeping the resources in your settlement inventory, to use again later for whatever you want, but the actual card is returned to the box so it's possible to redraw it again on a future hunt.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Shimmering Mane is an example of this: it allows you to archive it to add 2 regular hide to your settlement storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
Having the glossary say “…any archived card is permanently lost.” isn’t really that helpful.

Phoenix
that was my problem :)

but ok, archived means back to the box/deck for future use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls