Subject: Free create your own movement templates! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Green LeaderMicrobadge: Surfing fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hey gang, I've been getting a fair few requests to email these to people, so I just thought I'd make a link here. These are the accurate router or laser cut files you need to make your own perspex (or wood, I guess) templates. It's an EPS file, you can open with Illustrator or the like.

I've used stick fonts as the text, since I was using a CNC router, and it couldn't engrave such small detail, but if you're using a laser cutter, then you could always throw a rebel symbol on there or something.

Anyway, it took a long time to get the measurements exactly right for the curves, but my pain in your gain! Enjoy!

-- Sam

Here's the download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33267444/Sam%27s%203mm%2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My hackspace just got a laser cutter (yay!) so I want to cut myself some range rules and templates. But I can't open the file, I've tried GIMP which should be able to handle .eps but throws an error.

Is there any chance you could put up an SVG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Green LeaderMicrobadge: Surfing fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Sure can, here you go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ladofdestiny wrote:

You rock, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Fitzpatrick
msg tools
ladofdestiny wrote:
Hey gang, I've been getting a fair few requests to email these to people, so I just thought I'd make a link here. These are the accurate router or laser cut files you need to make your own perspex (or wood, I guess) templates. It's an EPS file, you can open with Illustrator or the like.

I've used stick fonts as the text, since I was using a CNC router, and it couldn't engrave such small detail, but if you're using a laser cutter, then you could always throw a rebel symbol on there or something.

Anyway, it took a long time to get the measurements exactly right for the curves, but my pain in your gain! Enjoy!

-- Sam

Here's the download link:

Hey, I hope you dont mind. I Used your file as a base to create 3d print files. I have a 3d printer but no laser cutter! I added numbers and arrows. I also made it so the long range ruler can be printed in two pieces and put together after printing. The files are available for free on thingiverse. I hope you guys like them!
fly casual!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1268628
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
No worries, great job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kid Shabubu
Canada
flag msg tools
I loaded these up and printed (laser cut) them but they came out smaller then the regulation cardboard ones...

Did I possibly mess something up (i saved the .svg into .pdf to then print from .pdf) in settimg up the file to print or has anyone else had trouble with the sizes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
Sorry mate, i haven't run into that problem... did your laser cutter try and "fit image to page" type thing by any chance?

How much smaller did they come out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kid Shabubu
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes I believe that might have beed the case.
Fit to scale when transfering to .pdf.

Thanks for reply

I'm looking for the various tokens in .svg for laser cutting.

Focus
Evade
Shield
Stress

for example.

Any leads?
For some reason, the ones on this file seem to raster but not vector (cut) out of the acrylic sheet...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jflzoz9d16ohou6/v5-stressrebuild.s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
No sorry, haven't bother with those...the in game ones look good enough for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Kent
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm also looking for laser cutter templates if anyone has created anything? I have access to a cutter and these would be fairly straight forward to cut with a file properly prepped for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hey folks, the link expired, so here's new link for it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux47uo4qbtyjykl/Sam%27s%203mm%20pe...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a31oapgxh84azmk/Sam%27s%203mm%20pe...

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you! My library just got a laser cutter and I'm excited to try these out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Smith
msg tools
Microbadge: He's no good to me dead.Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Traitor Mechanic fanMicrobadge: Darths & Droids fan
Thanks for these! Has anyone who cut these templates on a laser cutter had issues with laser kerf making the templates slightly too small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collector THX1138
msg tools
Microbadge: In space no one can hear you scream.Microbadge: Raids fanMicrobadge: DEATH RAY!Microbadge: Dig Dug fan - PookaMicrobadge: NONE SHALL PASS!!!
Thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
danrs wrote:
Thanks for these! Has anyone who cut these templates on a laser cutter had issues with laser kerf making the templates slightly too small?
Yeah the curved templates (turn and banks) are slightly too small, the straight manouvers are good though. I suggest editing the file or finiding another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Wallace
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi,
Would you happen to have any files for the epic play range ruler & movement ruler?
Greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reiff
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
Would you mind posting this link again. It says it no longer exists. I have had the hardest time getting the size right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Kegg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi, same here, would you mind posting an updated \ working link. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sersen
United States
Gansevoort
New York
flag msg tools
Does anyone have a working link or can send the 2.0 template file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls