Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Boysen
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen so many posts about all the different versions of this game and which season 2 to get for which base game, etc. I don't see anything explaining what to do if you own nothing for the game already. Are the versions of each game currently on coolstuffinc and miniature market compatible? Can I simply order both boxes from either site and have the correct versions of both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally this explains everything:

http://www.matagot.com/room25/compatibility/compatibilité%20Room25_EN_BGG.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Boysen
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, I appreciate the response. Is there any SKU information available? It is incredibly hard to identify which versions of the two games are in stock at Coolstuffinc and Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBilliam wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate the response. Is there any SKU information available? It is incredibly hard to identify which versions of the two games are in stock at Coolstuffinc and Miniature Market.
If one can trust the pictures on both of these websites, what they are offering is the first edition of the base game (that comes in a small box) and the big box version of the expansion. So that would correspond to the first line of the document I linked above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
For a bit of help, the Second Edition of Season 2 is exactly the same width, same height but is half as thick as the first edition.

First Edition Season 1 is very simple to recognize: it's half the size of the second edition Season 1.

Summary:

1st Edition Season 1: Small box
2nd Edition Season 1: Big box (as big as 1st Edition Season 2)
1st Edition Season 2: Big box (as big as 2nd Edition Season 1)
2nd Edition Season 2: Same size as 1st Edition Season 2 but half the thickness

1st Edition Season 2 had a bit of issues of having the tiles slightly colored differently (i encountered this issue as well) but it's noticeable only if you really stare at them from close. My gaming group didn't realize it while playing (although by knowing it you spoil the tiles for yourself)

If you don't foresee this to be an issue for yourself, go regardless for 1st Edition Season 2. You'll end up with some spare pieces in case you lose them or get damaged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
uhm....will there be a 3rd edition that includes everything to make things simple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I doubt that.
After all Season 2 is an Expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
For a bit of help, the Second Edition of Season 2 is exactly the same width, same height but is half as thick as the first edition.

First Edition Season 1 is very simple to recognize: it's half the size of the second edition Season 1.

Summary:

1st Edition Season 2 had a bit of issues of having the tiles slightly colored differently (i encountered this issue as well) but it's noticeable only if you really stare at them from close. My gaming group didn't realize it while playing (although by knowing it you spoil the tiles for yourself)

If you don't foresee this to be an issue for yourself, go regardless for 1st Edition Season 2. You'll end up with some spare pieces in case you lose them or get damaged
Nice list of how to tell them apart, however, it's hard to do this when you have to e-mail a website and have them to check what version they have in stock, especially when they only got the base game or only have the expansion.
Also, Under Version on the BGG page for the main game it say that there is supposed to be a third edition of the game...

The expansion however, only list first edition under Version on the BGG page.

No wonder many of us are confused and have trouble finding out what versions are available.
This is one of the best examples I've seen over how important it is for the industry to start printing Edition # and Print-run # on the outside of the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rice
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
So been trying to find the Season 2 small box version for a while now and it seems no one lists the difference even amazon. Suggestions? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:

Summary:

Any place where I can find 2nd Edition Season 2? Can't find anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls