Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simeon Genkov
msg tools
Hello I have a few questions, regarding the rules:
1. When you have for example: your labs produce additional science equal to their lvl do ancient buildings ancient labs etc count as 1 or 0?
2. When you have for example: your strongest lab produces additional science equal to its level, does this mean that if I have lvl 1 lab for example and have 2 cubes there it will produce 2 extra science?
Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A = 0, ancient buildings count as zero.
You only produce extra for one strongest lab. If you have two equally strong labs, you pick one and that produces extra. Each cube is one lab - the card is merely the invention of the type of lab and is not "a lab".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simeon Genkov
msg tools
So you're saying that for example when you have Chaplin as a leader and you have a theather that produces 3 culture and is your strongest one, if you have multiple cubes there representing that type of theatre, they will not produce 6 culture each?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryWeaseL wrote:
So you're saying that for example when you have Chaplin as a leader and you have a theather that produces 3 culture and is your strongest one, if you have multiple cubes there representing that type of theatre, they will not produce 6 culture each?
I don't know the text for Chaplin off-hand, but if it refers to your strongest theatre, that is correct.

EDIT: After checking the text on Chaplin (he's the new rock-and-roll icon/Elvis), yes, he doubles the culture of your strongest theatre. Doesn't matter how many you have, he just doubles one.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryWeaseL wrote:
1. When you have for example: your labs produce additional science equal to their lvl do ancient buildings ancient labs etc count as 1 or 0?
For reference - this is on Pg 8 of the rules, column 1, "Level of a Card"

AngryWeaseL wrote:
2. When you have for example: your strongest lab produces additional science equal to its level, does this mean that if I have lvl 1 lab for example and have 2 cubes there it will produce 2 extra science?
Thanks in advance.

So you're saying that for example when you have Chaplin as a leader and you have a theather that produces 3 culture and is your strongest one, if you have multiple cubes there representing that type of theatre, they will not produce 6 culture each?
Both of those examples the singular is used. Your best lab - your best theatre. A BUILDING in TtA (Theater, Lab, Library etc) consists of one cube on the appropriate tech card. If you have 3 cubes on the card it is 3 buildings (3 labs or 3 theatres etc.) Your BEST lab or library is the one at the highest level. If you have more than one cube on your highest level, you only score the bonus once.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls