Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
In the rulebook it says that during each round you have Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night, where Day and Night each hero sequentially takes an action. The first action listed is movement, where it says something to the effect of "hunters can only move during the day phase."

Am I to read this as the only action hunters can do during the day phase is move, or am I to take it as that there is an entire list of actions, all of which can be taken during night or day EXCEPT for movement, which can only be selected as your action during the day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose a set of actions, but hunters can not travel at night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeddy lee wrote:
Am I to read this as the only action hunters can do during the day phase is move, or am I to take it as that there is an entire list of actions, all of which can be taken during night or day EXCEPT for movement, which can only be selected as your action during the day?

The latter. Also, if you're at sea, you're forced to take the Move action during Day, and you're forced to take nothing at all during Night (you must pass).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeddy lee wrote:
In the rulebook it says that during each round you have Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night, where Day and Night each hero sequentially takes an action. The first action listed is movement, where it says something to the effect of "hunters can only move during the day phase."

The specific sentence you are referring to is this:
"Hunters can only perform move actions during day." LTP-6.
A sentence which turns a simple, fundamental concept into an ambiguous mess. And it's not helped by the fact that it is immediately followed by an hunter turn example that has all four hunters taking movement actions. The reason is to illustrate different types of movement, but it reinforces the impression that we have been told that only move actions are allowed.

Once you get to the description of the Supply action, and how it differs depending on whether it is attempted during day or night, the rules reader ought to start figuring out that they were misled. It should get sorted out in the end. But a good editor could have prevented the confusion right from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.