Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
The rules say Super Crisis are immune to all character abilities that affect Crisis Cards and Skill Checks.

We had a player that wanted to use Dee's Fast Learner once per game during a Super Crisis.
[Fast Learner - Once per game, before a Skill Check, look at the top three cards of a Skill deck and add them all to either the Skill Check or your hand]
I said no, but the other players claimed this wasn't directly 'affecting' the Skill Check.

In the FAQ I saw this.
Q: When can Athena use her “For Love” ability?
A: She can use her “For Love” ability any time a player discards
a Skill Card for any reason, with the following exceptions:
— When resolving a Super Crisis

This ability even LESS seems to be affecting the Super Crisis or Skill Check.

So to sum up my question...are all abilities turned off during the resolution of a Super Crisis? (and if no, I guess I still want to know if Dee can use hers)

CptBlood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all are turned off, including the Dee.

I dont even get your friends point. It says add to your hand or the skillcheck. How on Kobol is that not affecting the Skillcheck? Even the hand option broadens your possibilities for the skillcheck + it is triggered right before a skillcheck.

Clear thing to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fast Learner is considered an ability that affects Skill Checks, so can not be used on a Super Crisis.

Technically not all abilities are blocked, just as you said, only ones that affect Crisis Cards or Skill Checks. In practice that means they are almost all blocked however.

Certain drawbacks are still in effect during a Super Crisis, such as Cally's or Gaeta's limiting the number of cards they can play.

The only positive ability I can think of that can be used is Apollo's Alert Viper Pilot on either of the Cylon Attack Super Crisis cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Sebiroe wrote:

Clear thing to me.
I 100% agree. Was dumb human logic, they were desperate. (I was the Cylon Leader).

I probably would not even have asked the question her but for the FAQ entry I quoted above. Athena using 'For Love' lets her reduce the number of cards a player discards by one if she takes a Treachery. I cant really wrap my head around how that is affecting a Crisis or Skill Check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many crises have discards as an effect, e.g. Food Shortage or Water Shortage. I think there is a super crisis (but I'm drawing a blank right now) that involves someone discarding their entire hand, that would also be immune to Athena's help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the options on "Demand Peace" Manifesto from Pegasus is Admiral and President discard their hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls